CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hello!

I am looking for a way to declare my bluetooth built-in so the appropriate firmware would upload, as it is currently broken.
I understand the idea of making a custom USB SSDT, however, I went through a couple of guides and nowhere does it say how to declare it as "built-in"? I managed to find a few comments, but they are very vague and the only specific thing I saw is that the Connector must be renamed from 0x3 to 0xFF - which is all great, however, nowhere could I find where does this replacement take place?

Could someone please explain or direct me to the proper guide that sets this up? Alternatively, could anyone tell me how to force-upload the appropriate firmware for DW1560? IORegistry Explorer shows the BRCM_PatchRAM3.kext as loaded, however the firmware version sits at 4096, meaning the upload failed during boot.

Many thanks in advance!

System: HP ce14na01
CPU: Intel i5-8250U
WiFi: DW1560

happy hacking,
littlegreen

You would have to edit your SSDT-UIAC.aml to declare the correct USB port type for the port the Bluetooth device is connected to. In my case, it's on HS04. So I have set "UsbConnector" to 0xFF. Which kexts are you using for Bluetooth?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 6.10.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 6.10.05 AM.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 36
OK, I followed Rehabman's guide and mapped my SSDT-UIAC and installed.
It is working now, although my USB-C connector is playing funny. I've tried with both "9" and "10" (orientation-dependant evidently), but it appears to be unstable.

I don't use USB-C so I'm considering cutting the power to it entirely.

What's worse is, it still has not solved my bluetooth issue even though it is now properly detected as built-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back