Contribute
Register

USB catalina Clover Stuck on logo (no loading bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 3397
CPU
I7-3770 3.4GHz
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I have HP Elite 8300 sff with i7, Q77 motherboard and HD4000 graphic. Cant get past logo (no loading bar).I followed this instruction. My EFI file is below.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

IMG_7789.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 154
Hey @Luka1234 I am stuck in the very same point. Did you manage to fix it?

I want to say that I reached the same point as on the monitor picture with Asus H510m-e board and i5-10400F CPU. I tried to install Catalina and even made various USBs, changed ports and all to no avail. I ended up installing Windows 10 as no USB installer (Unibeast or vanilla) could go beyond that point in my case. Just for information, I am assembling hackintoshes for last 10 years but this board and CPU were beyond my capabilities.

I want to say that I reached the same point as on the monitor picture with Asus H510m-e board and i5-10400F CPU. I tried to install Catalina and even made various USBs, changed ports and all to no avail. I ended up installing Windows 10 as no USB installer (Unibeast or vanilla) could go beyond that point in my case. Just for information, I am assembling hackintoshes for last 10 years but this board and CPU were beyond my capabilities.
JacCarson,

I can confirm that Catalina CAN work on the 10th gen chip - I know because I've done the install (but just haven't had time to post up the build) using Mald0n's Hackinbeast setup (google this). The reason why you can't install it yet via Unibeast and Multibeast is that those tools aren't ready yet and also because Catalina's memory protection features are very high - this is the main reason why Clover 'seems' to fail and why most folks have opted to use Opencore instead. But Opencore (OC) does have its advantages, in that it is a highly structured program and documented process (following Apple's programming protocols but open source). If you didn't know the main hackintosh community like Acidanthera who are behind most of the kexts and breakthroughs we've had over the past decade is now moving towards it as a standard. I'm not sure about the status of the Catalina Unibeast but MacMan (the one responsible for the Clover tool) is currently finishing the Big Sur Unibeast install.

JacCarson,

I can confirm that Catalina CAN work on the 10th gen chip - I know because I've done the install (but just haven't had time to post up the build) using Mald0n's Hackinbeast setup (google this). The reason why you can't install it yet via Unibeast and Multibeast is that those tools aren't ready yet and also because Catalina's memory protection features are very high - this is the main reason why Clover 'seems' to fail and why most folks have opted to use Opencore instead. But Opencore (OC) does have its advantages, in that it is a highly structured program and documented process (following Apple's programming protocols but open source). If you didn't know the main hackintosh community like Acidanthera who are behind most of the kexts and breakthroughs we've had over the past decade is now moving towards it as a standard. I'm not sure about the status of the Catalina Unibeast but MacMan (the one responsible for the Clover tool) is currently finishing the Big Sur Unibeast install.
This is great news. I tried Opencore 0.6.5 but the installer would show prohibition sign in the middle. Despite trying various USB ports, injecting USB inject kext, I still failed to install but I saw the promising signs - the Opencore definitely boots like a native Mac, which really impressed me. Alas, spending almost 4 days I had to give up but thank you for the note. I will wait for Big Sur Unibeast (which is what I have mostly used so far) and probably Clover. On my 9th generation hackintosh, I use successfully H310M board and i7-8700 with Radeon 580 to work with Catalina, also couldn't install Big Sur on that board. But thanks a lot!

I see. Well if you are getting prohibition signs, it usually means that your setting somewhere is not compatible. It could be a BIOS setting and often it could be the wrong SMBIOS type. To get macOS to boot properly on the target version you wish to run, you need to choose the Mac SMBIOS version that closely matches your chipset and CPU. Some SMBIOSes allow for a external dGPU. I would suggest try using iMac 18,3 SMBIOS in your case. It worked for me on my High Sierra to Mojave builds.

Another thing to look out for would be your BIOS settings. You have to make sure they're hackintosh compatible.
This means SATA is set to AHCI mode; XHCI handoff enabled, UEFI boot mode, VT-d disabled, CSR Lock disabled, CSM disabled, Secure Boot disabled, Serial port and parallel ports disabled, and Above 4G decoding enabled.

Aside from this, also make sure Hfsplus.efi or openhfsplus.efi is added in your OC/drivers folder, plus OpenCanopy.efi and OpenRuntime.efi. These are some of the most essential files for Opencore (aside from the kexts).

If you are stuck with what settings to use, you could maybe try using Opencore's Sanity Checker to see if it can create a build for you from scratch. > https://opencore.slowgeek.com

I see. Well if you are getting prohibition signs, it usually means that your setting somewhere is not compatible. It could be a BIOS setting and often it could be the wrong SMBIOS type. To get macOS to boot properly on the target version you wish to run, you need to choose the Mac SMBIOS version that closely matches your chipset and CPU. Some SMBIOSes allow for a external dGPU. I would suggest try using iMac 18,3 SMBIOS in your case. It worked for me on my High Sierra to Mojave builds.

Another thing to look out for would be your BIOS settings. You have to make sure they're hackintosh compatible.
This means SATA is set to AHCI mode; XHCI handoff enabled, UEFI boot mode, VT-d disabled, CSR Lock disabled, CSM disabled, Secure Boot disabled, Serial port and parallel ports disabled, and Above 4G decoding enabled.

Aside from this, also make sure Hfsplus.efi or openhfsplus.efi is added in your OC/drivers folder, plus OpenCanopy.efi and OpenRuntime.efi. These are some of the most essential files for Opencore (aside from the kexts).

If you are stuck with what settings to use, you could maybe try using Opencore's Sanity Checker to see if it can create a build for you from scratch. > https://opencore.slowgeek.com
Thank you! My first efi successfully passed sanity check but as i said it didnt go further. I used smbios of imac pro 1,1 because of intel F cpu (will never buy f again) and tried imac 19.1 and 19.2 but never thought of 18.3 if you mean intel i5 10400f. I might try it on intel i7 8700 if i understood u correctly

I see. Well the iMac 18,3 is used because its one of the few Coffee Lake setups that also allows a dGPU to be used like your Radeon 580. Since my i5-10500 was spoofing Coffee Lake to run High Sierra, its not a problem for me to use it in the setup. But it should be the setting you need to use in your build as yours is an actual Coffee Lake chip.

Did you also try to add USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIunsupported.kext into your EFI/OC/Kexts as per this guide (which booted successfully)? > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-sign-asus-prime-h310m-k-gtx-1080-ti.290548/

I see. Well the iMac 18,3 is used because its one of the few Coffee Lake setups that also allows a dGPU to be used like your Radeon 580. Since my i5-10500 was spoofing Coffee Lake to run High Sierra, its not a problem for me to use it in the setup. But it should be the setting you need to use in your build as yours is an actual Coffee Lake chip.

Did you also try to add USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIunsupported.kext into your EFI/OC/Kexts as per this guide (which booted successfully)? > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-sign-asus-prime-h310m-k-gtx-1080-ti.290548/
I tried usbinjectall but i didnt know which xchiunsupported i should use for h510 board so i passed that (cause i remembered that there were 200 and 300 gens for xchi). Maybe it was the reason I failed

I see. Actually there’s only one XHCIunsupported.kext that I know of (which is the one you should use) and that should work no problem. Yes you’re correct, the others are for the 200 and 300 series and clearly marked as such, so not to worry about them getting mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back