Dell XPS 9550
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have an Deal DA-200 Adapter which is only connectable via USB-C. When the Device plugged in before start the Laptop and then Boot into OS then the Device works with Networking but the HDMI Output isn't working it looks like that OS X tries to switch to HDMI but don't get any Output. Is there any additional Patch necessary to make this work? When I plug out the Device and plug it in in the USB-C Port then it isn't recognized anymore. When I do an restart with the Device plugged in everything is fine. I have tried it with an Clover and an SSDT-XE42 which I have found the Hotplug isn't working with this.

Maybe someone has an other Solution to make this work.

I have attached my Problem Reporting Files.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 199
Hello,

I have an Deal DA-200 Adapter which is only connectable via USB-C. When the Device plugged in before start the Laptop and then Boot into OS then the Device works with Networking but the HDMI Output isn't working it looks like that OS X tries to switch to HDMI but don't get any Output. Is there any additional Patch necessary to make this work? When I plug out the Device and plug it in in the USB-C Port then it isn't recognized anymore. When I do an restart with the Device plugged in everything is fine. I have tried it with an Clover and an SSDT-XE42 which I have found the Hotplug isn't working with this.

Maybe someone has an other Solution to make this work.

I have attached my Problem Reporting Files.

Thanks.

The ig-platform-id you're using only has the 0105 and 0204 external ports enabled.
The 0306 port is not enabled.
Although there are several ways to do it, I would first try swapping 0204 for 0306:
Name: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 02 04 0A 00 00 04 00 00 C7 01 00 00
Replace: 03 06 0A 00 00 04 00 00 C7 01 00 00

Thank you. I will test it and let you know the feedback tomorrow if it has worked or not. Otherwise I can also change to an different IG-platform ID if this is easier for example to 191B. Can you maybe also help me for the replug problem that the USB-C Port isn't detected after an replug of the Laptop?

Thank you. I will test it and let you know the feedback tomorrow if it has worked or not. Otherwise I can also change to an different IG-platform ID if this is easier for example to 191B. Can you maybe also help me for the replug problem that the USB-C Port isn't detected after an replug of the Laptop?

Hotplug for Skylake is problematic. Same with Thunderbolt. No solutions that I know of. Plug in prior to boot.

Ok but I didn't tested it if it is still working after Sleep. I have found an Method in my DSDT which has the Name E42 which looks like that this is responsible for the Handling of the USB-C Port. I am not very experienced with creating an SSDT Hotpatch. Is there maybe an way to re-call this Method that the port will maybe re-activated then? You should find the DSDT in my Problem Reporting Attachment. Maybe there is a way to create something.

But some none-Skylake boards can be hot plugged? That's new for me. I thought the hotplug problem for TB was common for all Hacks since the first Z77 TB boards became available.

Ok but I didn't tested it if it is still working after Sleep. I have found an Method in my DSDT which has the Name E42 which looks like that this is responsible for the Handling of the USB-C Port. I am not very experienced with creating an SSDT Hotpatch. Is there maybe an way to re-call this Method that the port will maybe re-activated then? You should find the DSDT in my Problem Reporting Attachment. Maybe there is a way to create something.

I don't think hotplug issues with Skylake graphics are ACPI related...
_E42 is an edge triggered GPE event.
Suggest you read the ACPI spec to understand more...

But some none-Skylake boards can be hot plugged? That's new for me. I thought the hotplug problem for TB was common for all Hacks since the first Z77 TB boards became available.

Two separate issues:
- graphics hotplug
- TB hotplug

@RehabMan I don't mean now the Skylake Graphics Issue. I mean to create an Event via the _E42 Method to re-enable the Port if something is there plugged in. I will check also tomorrow the ACPI Specs. if I will find something there but I can't guarantee ist.

I have now tested your AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer and the HDMI Output is only working in the Adapter when it gets replugged in the OS itself. When I boot with the HDMI Cable in the Adapter then I get no signal. Do you have maybe an other patch which can fix this or maybe for the ig-platform 191B?

For the Hotplug I have read that the device is seen as an PCI Device and OS X doesn't support PCI Hotplugging and this is the reason why it don't get remounted. I have seen in an other Thread where someone has tried to map it as an Express Card Device. I sheer maybe an way to do this with my Laptop also?

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back