ATI 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Ive created a USB boot from the latest Clover, this works perfect and boots my High Sierra fast!

Now,

I want to ' copy ' this boot loader into my hdd (SSD).

But no success yet;

-> Run the Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4289 -> with destination my SSD (no luck)
-> Copied sector by sector the EFI partition from the USB by using DD (-> dd if=/dev/disk1s1 of=/dev/disk2s1

Both results in LOW resolution boot. (minimum colours) and booting H Sierra won't succeed. (Small flickering screen in left top)

Do I miss some files? Why is the USB booting fine in BEST colours, high res. and SSD not? (same files??)

Hello,

Ive created a USB boot from the latest Clover, this works perfect and boots my High Sierra fast!

Now,

I want to ' copy ' this boot loader into my hdd (SSD).

But no success yet;

-> Run the Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4289 -> with destination my SSD (no luck)
-> Copied sector by sector the EFI partition from the USB by using DD (-> dd if=/dev/disk1s1 of=/dev/disk2s1

Both results in LOW resolution boot. (minimum colours) and booting H Sierra won't succeed. (Small flickering screen in left top)

Do I miss some files? Why is the USB booting fine in BEST colours, high res. and SSD not? (same files??)

Copying the CLOVER folder from one disk to the other will take a few steps, because:
  • CLOVER is inside EFI folder
  • EFI Folder is inside EFI Partition of the Disk [for the High Sierra Installer, its EFI is inside the USB Flash disk ; for the System, it is inside your SSD]
  • EFI Partition and hence all its containing Folder structures are HIDDEN .
  • To see inside, you need to unhide EFI Partition by mounting the EFI Partition on the desktop of a Mac or Hack.
  • To mount the EFI Partition, you need an "EFI Mounter" such as EFI Mounter V3 or better still Clover Configurator Vibrant
    • The CCV is better because it is a two-in-One tool ; an EFI mounter and CLOVER Editor! Its is a freeware (Donation ware ) also! DOWNLOAD
  • Attach your High Sierra USB installer to High Sierra System's USB port
  • Launch CCV and click "Mount EFI" from its LEFT Tool/Menu Panel [See uploaded CCV image for visual help]
  • Locate your USB Installer disk and the High Sierra System SSD in the bottom half of the divided CCV screen
  • They will be displayed as "EFI on EFI NameOfDisk "
  • To the right end of each "EFI on EFI NameOfDisk " you can find a button "Mount Partition"
  • When you click that "Mount Partition" corresponding EFI partition icon will be placed on desktop matching the color of parent disk icon.
  • Click White EFI>EFI and find CLOVER to copy from the USB installer .
  • Click dark EFI>EFI >Clover to paste over from the copied EFI from USB to REPLACE in the Target SSD.
Check whether this will help you with your problem.

Attachments

• 1.CCV SCREEN.png
    1.CCV SCREEN.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back