Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z87m-d3h
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GTX 760
Hi, i'm completely new to hackintosh, i have an old pc and i wanted to try. So far it's fine, i installed catalina and used mutibeast and all internal hardware was recognised. I am struggling with bluetooth and wifi. They are both on esternal usb.
Bluetooth id in a linq usb and wifi on a d-link usb. Wifi usb is not even seen, bluetooth is seen (sometimes) but is impossible to find or be found by other devices.
How can i solve this problem?

Hi, i'm completely new to hackintosh, i have an old pc and i wanted to try. So far it's fine, i installed catalina and used mutibeast and all internal hardware was recognised. I am struggling with bluetooth and wifi. They are both on esternal usb.
Bluetooth id in a linq usb and wifi on a d-link usb. Wifi usb is not even seen, bluetooth is seen (sometimes) but is impossible to find or be found by other devices.
How can i solve this problem?

Thank you. While trying i had a problem to recognise the partition of the efi and in the terminal it doesn't find anything.
These are screens of my hd.

I have another question: what if i buy a pcie bluetooth/wifi adaptor to mount on my motherboard? Would it be recognised? I wanted to buy it anyway because of the speed of mine but if there is the possibility that it won't work i'll might reconsider

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 21.58.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 21.58.36.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 21.58.52.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 21.58.52.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 25
Thank you. While trying i had a problem to recognise the partition of the efi and in the terminal it doesn't find anything.
These are screens of my hd.

I have another question: what if i buy a pcie bluetooth/wifi adaptor to mount on my motherboard? Would it be recognised? I wanted to buy it anyway because of the speed of mine but if there is the possibility that it won't work i'll might reconsider
you will not see the EFI partition in diskutility

use hackintool to mount your EFI

and yes, you still need to do the USB setup

Yes, I know that I won't see the efi partition. My problem Is to find it's name. I have the main disk (Toshiba ecc) named disk0, the system (catalina) named disk1s5 and the Catalina-data (I don't even know what it is) that is disk1s1.

Yes, I know I have to do the usb anyway, I wanted to know if there are known incompatibility with some pcie Bluetooth, just not to buy it for nothing

Yes, I know that I won't see the efi partition. My problem Is to find it's name. I have the main disk (Toshiba ecc) named disk0, the system (catalina) named disk1s5 and the Catalina-data (I don't even know what it is) that is disk1s1.

Yes, I know I have to do the usb anyway, I wanted to know if there are known incompatibility with some pcie Bluetooth, just not to buy it for nothing
normally disk0

the buyer's guide has some recommendations for wifi cards

also the BCM94360NG is a great card, no need for any kexts

Thank you. Usb port done.
Bluetooth is still not working. I am able to see it but non able to turn it on or off (it's always on but not able to really find devices).

In the network panel it say status: not connected

Is there any kext to fix just Bluetooth?

Thank you. Usb port done.
Bluetooth is still not working. I am able to see it but non able to turn it on or off (it's always on but not able to really find devices).

In the network panel it say status: not connected

Is there any kext to fix just Bluetooth?

Let us know what model of wifi/bluetooth card you are using. :)

Linq 8761b

Linq 8761b

Not really enough information.

However if that is a Bluetooth USB dongle with a Realtek 8761b chipset, then it is unlikely to work with macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back