Contribute
Register

USB Audio Interface Noise Interference / USB Sleep Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally would recommend you use the USBPorts.kext. When using the USBPorts.kext you only need this kext. Simpler and less options for things to go wrong.

The SSDT-UIAC.aml is fine, if configured correctly it will work just as well as the USBPorts.kext. However, you need to use USBInjectAll.kext with the SSDT option.

I have seen plenty of people use both and neither be set correctly. Then they wonder why their system doesn't work as expected. The guides are all fairly explicit in the fact that you use one or the other, never both.

Got you - I'll stick to using inject all. Although, it does seem I've 'bricked' my system and will no longer boot normally so I've had to make my EFI again and I'm constantly hitting
I personally would recommend you use the USBPorts.kext. When using the USBPorts.kext you only need this kext. Simpler and less options for things to go wrong.

The SSDT-UIAC.aml is fine, if configured correctly it will work just as well as the USBPorts.kext. However, you need to use USBInjectAll.kext with the SSDT option.

I have seen plenty of people use both and neither be set correctly. Then they wonder why their system doesn't work as expected. The guides are all fairly explicit in the fact that you use one or the other, never both.
Got you - I'll stick to using inject all. Although, it does seem I've 'bricked' my system and will no longer boot normally so I've had to make my EFI again and I'm constantly hitting "APFS Module start 1689" issues. Which is very annoying as I did have it all up and running. I'm an idiot and didn't save my 'booting' EFI somewhere that's not on the boot drive. I have a working EFI on my boot drive but I can't access if I can't get into MacOS. Feel like giving up soon, I won't though.

I attached my EFI just in case you think that might help you figure it out. I wish I could get someone round to just sort it out but doesn't seem to be anyone in my local area in the UK.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 36
I will have a look at your EFI Folder and see what I can do to help.

What area of the UK?

Got you - I'll stick to using inject all. Although, it does seem I've 'bricked' my system and will no longer boot normally so I've had to make my EFI again and I'm constantly hitting

Got you - I'll stick to using inject all. Although, it does seem I've 'bricked' my system and will no longer boot normally so I've had to make my EFI again and I'm constantly hitting "APFS Module start 1689" issues. Which is very annoying as I did have it all up and running. I'm an idiot and didn't save my 'booting' EFI somewhere that's not on the boot drive. I have a working EFI on my boot drive but I can't access if I can't get into MacOS. Feel like giving up soon, I won't though.

I attached my EFI just in case you think that might help you figure it out. I wish I could get someone round to just sort it out but doesn't seem to be anyone in my local area in the UK.
Hi there.

Please be aware that your posts will be removed if you ask for external, local help or offer pay-for-services. Just a word to the wise :thumbup:

The error you are seeing is related to the SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml table you are using. This is a common error that first occurred with macOS Catalina. You are using a generic SSDT for the EC fix. This may not be set correctly for your system.

You may need to create a custom SSDT-EC.aml from your system's DSDT.aml, using Corpnewt's SSDTTime-Machine Python script, if this error continues.

You seem to be short one SSDT, the OC guide (ACPI section) recommends you have the following SSDT's installed when using a Comet Lake CPU/system:
  1. SSDT-PLUG.aml
  2. SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  3. SSDT-AWAC.aml
  4. SSDT-RHUB.aml (might only be needed on Asus MB)
I have attached a copy of the four SSDT's recommended for a Comet Lake system. Don't forget that you need to have these SSDT's entered in your /OC/config.plist for them to work correctly.

You have VoodooPS2Controller.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder. Your desktop system doesn't need this kext. It should be removed from the Kexts folder and the config.plist.

You have all Tools present in your /OC/Tools folder. You don't need all these tools. I would only have CleanNvram.efi, OpenShell.efi and ResetSystem.efi in this folder and listed in the config.plist.

You have a pair of Raise USB port limit patches in your OC config. These are not required. The XhciPortLimit Quirk in the Kernel section of the config, once enabled deals with this matter.

I have edited the OC folder you provided, with the recommendation listed above. Give it a try in place of your current OC folder, see if the alternative SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and other tweaks I have made help.

Attachments

• Comet Lake SSDTs.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 42
  • OC.zip
    21 MB · Views: 45
UtterDisbelief, thanks, your warning was noted :thumbup:

The error you are seeing is related to the SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml table you are using. This is a common error that first occurred with macOS Catalina. You are using a generic SSDT for the EC fix. This may not be set correctly for your system.

You may need to create a custom SSDT-EC.aml from your system's DSDT.aml, using Corpnewt's SSDTTime-Machine Python script, if this error continues.

You seem to be short one SSDT, the OC guide (ACPI section) recommends you have the following SSDT's installed when using a Comet Lake CPU/system:
  1. SSDT-PLUG.aml
  2. SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  3. SSDT-AWAC.aml
  4. SSDT-RHUB.aml (might only be needed on Asus MB)
I have attached a copy of the four SSDT's recommended for a Comet Lake system. Don't forget that you need to have these SSDT's entered in your /OC/config.plist for them to work correctly.

You have VoodooPS2Controller.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder. Your desktop system doesn't need this kext. It should be removed from the Kexts folder and the config.plist.

You have all Tools present in your /OC/Tools folder. You don't need all these tools. I would only have CleanNvram.efi, OpenShell.efi and ResetSystem.efi in this folder and listed in the config.plist.

You have a pair of Raise USB port limit patches in your OC config. These are not required. The XhciPortLimit Quirk in the Kernel section of the config, once enabled deals with this matter.

I have edited the OC folder you provided, with the recommendation listed above. Give it a try in place of your current OC folder, see if the alternative SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and other tweaks I have made help.
Hello there!

I noticed this discussion and I have the same problem here, USB Audio crackling in 11.1 which was working fine in 11.0.1

I configured my USBPorts.kext (I suppose correctly with Hackintool) and I'm using default dortania SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

I think my EFI is pretty clean and stable, it worked mostly ok until 11.1. I got this USB Audio issue in output with my Focusrite card and webcam usb mic.

I'm on X229 platform, you can check my specs below.

Attached my EFI, please take a look in! Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
@pieropontra I've had a look and other than the fact you are using some generic Dortania SSDT's I couldn't see anything wrong with the OC folder or config.plist.

You might want to look at generating the custom SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml, along with the HPET OC patches for your system, instead of using the generic 'one SSDT fits all' tables you are currently using.

Download and run Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script - https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime This terminal command will generate the SSDT's and patches from your DSDT.aml, so they will better suit your system.

Select the green 'CODE' button on the linked Github page to download the folder.

This is one of the Audio 'fixes' recommended in the Post Install section of the Dortania guide.

It also points out that some Layout ID's that worked in Clover don't always work in OC. Something else to look into, to see if there is a layout -id that better fits your system with OC.

@pieropontra I've had a look and other than the fact you are using some generic Dortania SSDT's I couldn't see anything wrong with the OC folder or config.plist.

You might want to look at generating the custom SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml, along with the HPET OC patches for your system, instead of using the generic 'one SSDT fits all' tables you are currently using.

Download and run Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script - https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime This terminal command will generate the SSDT's and patches from your DSDT.aml, so they will better suit your system.

Select the green 'CODE' button on the linked Github page to download the folder.

This is one of the Audio 'fixes' recommended in the Post Install section of the Dortania guide.

It also points out that some Layout ID's that worked in Clover don't always work in OC. Something else to look into, to see if there is a layout -id that better fits your system with OC.
I tried and I actually generated custom SSDTs and patches, used them in my EFI and... no go! Also changed a bunch of layouts... same story. Keep in mind my onboard audio is ok, it's usb audio in/out that generates this ****. I really think it's related to my Radeon VII, 'cause the hiccups happen just when the GPU actually does something, I'm sure about this... as an example: playing an H264 video (regardless if it's Youtube or Netflix or whatever) magically let's the usb work well. As soon as I stop the video, usb audio carckles back. VP9 videos are the extreme, while playin them the usb audio is super ****. Video codecs and generale UI rendering is for sure linked to usb audio problem at this point, and I suspect something related to HDMI/DP audio or whatever. I should try a different GPU to clear any doubt but I got no spare ones at the moment and they're pretty expensive right now. Thanks for your effort anyway, much appreciated.

PS. This USB audio problems started with 11.1, 11.0.1 was totally fine.

Last edited:
That being the case, have you tried installing the SSDT-X299-RadeonVII-WEGVII.aml created by KPG, from his expansive X299 guide?

Copy attached for you to try, just remember to add the SSDT entry to the config.plist.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-RadeonVII-WEGVII.aml.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back