Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> USB Audio Interface Artifacts and Dropouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newest Gigabyte BIOS boards (I had F10 and upgraded to F11 on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master) do not allow you to disable "Super IO Serial"

This thread here has more information about disabling it now.

It took me 3 days to figure out that it was bios issue.
F8 on aorus ultra which is F9 on Master works great for me but not newer bios, sounds with USB DAC was unusable.

Still couldn't figure out why and was going to settle with an older bios, but that seems to be going in the right direction and shall try disabling "Super IO Serial

so thanks for that link

Please. Head up to the Idiots Guide to USB ports in General Help.
You are running issues with your USB ports.

I'll look at this too, but skeptical, I had a perfect USB setup with a custom made SSDT-UIAC.aml, disabled anything needed to keep it under the 15 count, with newer BIOS usb speed are still seemingly working well, and disabled usb are still disabled.
and newer Bios, on top of broken usb DAC sound (like OP), Apple Watch unlock doesn't work anymore. and works again as soon as I put the older BIOS in place. And overall the OS is choppy, even though benchmark wise, it's still just a fast, but super smooth on old bios

It's great to hear this. I have the Z390 Master and can state that F11 BIOS is working flawlessly. I'm using Fiio E17K and Cirrus C-Media with zero issues.

It seams that OP doesn't have USBs configured.

That's the Post about USB set-up. Just noted that the name isn't an Idiot's Guide to... anymore...

yep turns out it was the "Serial Port" option in the bios
on Aorus Ultra the option was missing in F9 and F10b (still missing in the latest official version)
but F10c beta has the option in the bios again, and that solved everything.

Just wanted to second that updating to F10C beta BIOS did the trick for me as well - I'd been tearing my hair out trying to get my USB audio interface working (PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL). Updating the BIOS, then disabling the Serial Port (Under the Super IO section) has everything working great.

Same issue on MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Board fixed with disabling the serial port.
(Partial Solution: SMSL DAC switched to 48kHz Format.)

Same trick (Super IO |= disabled) did it for me, Gigabyte Z370 (Firmware F6) and a Focusrite 2i2. Finally i can listen to music again on something else than a Homepod! :)

I have been trying to figure out this issue for the past year on my Asus Z370-E Gaming... it was making Garageband/Logic unusable because the audio would skip and eventually overload the audio stack requiring me to hard reset it. Disabling the serial port did the trick. Thank you all!

Edit: Bios -> Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration -> Serial Port Configuration -> Serial Port 1 - Off

Last edited:
Disabling serial port did it for me too - this was a huge headache, with depressingly teribble audio quality and even scratchy noises while moving mouse cursor, and I had almost given up.. and then found this thread! Huge thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back