CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Question I don't think has been covered here. I do audio/video in a professional setting and the audio codec I use is via usb. When I plug the set up into any computer, the usb is recognized as USB Audio Codec. It's used for in and out. When I connected to my Hackintosh -- the out works flawlessly. Not a hum.. just clear, wonderful audio. However, when I select it as the input, there's only a loud hum and no audio is getting in at all.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
y

Question I don't think has been covered here. I do audio/video in a professional setting and the audio codec I use is via usb. When I plug the set up into any computer, the usb is recognized as USB Audio Codec. It's used for in and out. When I connected to my Hackintosh -- the out works flawlessly. Not a hum.. just clear, wonderful audio. However, when I select it as the input, there's only a loud hum and no audio is getting in at all.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
y
Not sure if this adds anything, but the device works flawlessly on my PC. There -- it's listed as Texas Instruments USB Audio Codec. Anyone have any ideas? Again, output is perfect. Input is nothing but a high-pitched constant static. So close on this. Thanks for your help.

y

Hey Again.. getting incredibly clear and crisp audio out via the USB audio codec (Texas Instruments). Input is nothing but high-pitched static. No audio whatsoever getting through. Has anyone else had this issue? I've searched here -- not finding a similar situation. Help a brother out. All ideas accepted. Thank you so much!

y

Hoping an expert can give me some input. The USB audio codec is listed as Texas Instruments on my Windows machines. The one USB handles in and out. The output sound is amazing. Input is nothing but a high pitched whine. None of what I input registers at all. You guys are the best of the best. Any ideas? Thank you.

If your onboard audio is Realtek ALC887 codec, it should not be a problem to make it functional. That being said, if you simply don't want to try and get it working the following USB audio device works plug and play. No drivers needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
no no.. my ALC887 is working great. Because of the broadcast equipment I use.. the interface is usb. It's not a usb device, much more complicated than that -- the interface is simply usb. The out is crystal clear and awesome.. the input is inoperable. Need that working both ways.

link us to what you have then !!! (broadcast equipment) ???

i don't know much but this might help you,

Simple Plug n Play USB Audio Device for OS X

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/simple-plug-n-play-usb-audio-device-for-os-x.98115/
clicked the link.. no -- this isn't what I'm talking about. It's a console blade that interfaces with the computer throu
link us to what you have then !!! (broadcast equipment) ???
Wheatstone IP-12 M4. Works perfectly on pc.. input is fubar on mac. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back