Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently upgraded my Mountain Lion Hackintosh to 10.9.2
I did this with UniBeast/MultiBeast like I did to the initial Mountain Lion Installation and it processed without noticeable problems.

But now I have 2 issues :
- The system froze whenever I insert a usb drive.
- I'm unable to restart the computer. And Shutdown doesn't really works.

Details of the problems :

USB :
When I plug an USB drive, the system stop working. The screen stays and the cursor moves. But no click are recorded neither keyboard keys.
But pluging the iphone works, bluetooth usb stick works too and when I plug my camera directly, I can retrieve my photos.

Restart/Shutdown :
When I do a restart, OSX close but nothing happens next. I have to manually press the reset button to let the computer restarts.
When I shutdown, OSX close but I still have the power Led which stays on.

My Motherboard : GA-Z77N-Wifi
My processor : Ivy Bridge Processeur Core i5-3570K / 3.40
SystemDefinition : MacPro 3,1

If you have any clue on what I can do, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

NB : I have a dual boot with Windows 7 and neither of these problems occurs on Windows.

My hack crashes whenever I plug in a usb cord to the front ports. I used to not get any error messages, but now I will sometimes get a "usb device drawing too much power" message. The message says it will only shut down the ports, but it's shutting down everything. I have a hard crash every time. I'm looking into a dsdt edit for usb power. Haven't found anything useful yet, but will keep looking.

Is there a way to get front ports working or do I just have to buy a PCI usb hub?

If the computer starts up with something in the front port, it's fine. If I unplug it, it's fine. Only if I plug in or remove something that wasn't plugged in at startup will it crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back