Contribute
Register

USB 3 ports are not working but USB 2 ports are on my Z370 w/ 8700k and HighSierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 950 & GTX 1080
Hi there! I have the current setup running High Sierra 10.13.4:

- Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
- 8700k Coffee Lake
- GTX 1080
- Samsung 960 NVMe

I have installed the "Increase the Max Port limit 200 Series" patch using Multibeast, but my computer just doesn't seem to recognize any USB if plugged in the USB 3.0 ports (they do work in the USB 2.0 ports). Also, Audio is not working... I tried following the instructions for the 300 Series Motherboards here but no success.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
hi dude, i’m just a newbie having built my very first hackintosh this week with a setup similar to yours so not while not experienced at all, i had your problems and solved one (the no audio problem) by following this guide by @mots in his post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ono-rig-i3-6100-ga-h110m-a-gtx950-8gb.199438/

on audio installation and running the script command by @Toledo

i have trouble with my USB ports too where USB 3 devices plugged into USB 3 ports don’t work but all USB ports work with USB 2 devices. i am gonna knuckle down and follow @RehabMan ’s crazy detailed instructions sometime in the next few weeks to see if i succeed in fixing this problem...

good luck mate.

Hi there! I have the current setup running High Sierra 10.13.4:

- Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
- 8700k Coffee Lake
- GTX 1080
- Samsung 960 NVMe

I have installed the "Increase the Max Port limit 200 Series" patch using Multibeast, but my computer just doesn't seem to recognize any USB if plugged in the USB 3.0 ports (they do work in the USB 2.0 ports). Also, Audio is not working... I tried following the instructions for the 300 Series Motherboards here but no success.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Thank you for your help!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

hi dude, i’m just a newbie having built my very first hackintosh this week with a setup similar to yours so not while not experienced at all, i had your problems and solved one (the no audio problem) by following this guide by @mots in his post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ono-rig-i3-6100-ga-h110m-a-gtx950-8gb.199438/

on audio installation and running the script command by @Toledo

i have trouble with my USB ports too where USB 3 devices plugged into USB 3 ports don’t work but all USB ports work with USB 2 devices. i am gonna knuckle down and follow @RehabMan ’s crazy detailed instructions sometime in the next few weeks to see if i succeed in fixing this problem...

good luck mate.

Hello andys2003,
Could you share your usb definitions for the Z370M-D3H I tear my hair I can not do all of my internal USB3 and USB2 / USB3 front panel.

With thanks :thumbup:

Could you share your usb definitions for the Z370M-D3H I tear my hair I can not do all of my internal USB3 and USB2 / USB3 front panel.

hey dude, happy to do so. but how do i share it with you? apologies but i am quite the newbie as well as this is my first hackintosh.

hey dude, happy to do so. but how do i share it with you? apologies but i am quite the newbie as well as this is my first hackintosh.

Hello
Thank you for your answer, so for the DSDT files you have to mount the EFI partition go to Clover folder then ACPI folder and in the patched folder there are SSDT files and are file that contain the USB definitions.

In advance I thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back