Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just installed the Kext from MultiBeast 4.6.1 using with the DSDT from the database and I cant get the USB 3 to load up. Does anyone know why?

Is there some preference file I need to delete or something to rebuild?

I got the same issue too. Even if I plugin a usb 2 device into the usb 3 port it wont show up. the ports work in windows 8 (dual boot)
Usb 3 is in the device list. I installed the Lacie usb3 driver from multibeast.

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 2.05.02 PM.png

Im using ML 10.8.2 and MB is a GA-Z77-DS3H

Hmm, well now its changed sort of, I plugged in my APC UPS into my mac using the USB 3 port and I noticed it showed up. First I thought it was fixed but when I plug in other items that work in the USB 2 ports those still wont work. The APC is the only one that works? I looked at the specs, it is a usb 1 device, not usb 2 like the other devices. Is that related?

Thanks,
Josh

Same here. GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, USB 3.0 Ports (Powered USB 2.0 Ports too, the blue ones) are not working, Bios F12 with latest DSDT from the Database and LaCie Kext (edited by Modbin) via MultiBeast 5.1.3.

really? is it just OS X cause I thought its backwards compatible?

Thanks Josh

Its just OSX as far as I know. no USB 2.0 drives will work like HDDs, SSDs or flash/pendrives etc.

Do you have a source for this information?
I always thought it's backward compatible.

But on my new (first) rig, I can't plug my USB 2 flash drive on a USB 3. It just hangs.
But the mouse is working on the USB 3 ports.

I have never heard about this limitation before. (and just built my first hackintosh !!! :thumbdown:)

No one knows why this isnt working? There isnt a solution?

I allready said media devices like HDDs, SSDs, and flash/pendrives will not work, its a limitation in the USB3 drivers. This is a known and common issue and there is no way to fix it yet. For now just don't use those drives on a USB3 port. USB3 drives will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back