Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark II
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX 480x 8GB
Has anyone had any luck enabling on board usb 3.1? I know tonymac got the PCIE card to work, but the same steps don't seem to apply for a system that has usb 3.1 build in. If anyone has seen anything please let me know! thanks!

Sadly no. It looks like apple hasn't included any usb 3.1 drivers as of yet except on their macbook software. Rumor has it that they may be releasing a new Mac pro this year, and that will more than likely have usb 3.1 along side apples thunderbolt. Once thats been hackintoshed, hopefully we will be able to enable our 3.1 ports!

Sadly no. It looks like apple hasn't included any usb 3.1 drivers as of yet except on their macbook software. Rumor has it that they may be releasing a new Mac pro this year, and that will more than likely have usb 3.1 along side apples thunderbolt. Once thats been hackintoshed, hopefully we will be able to enable our 3.1 ports!
My Gene Z170 build has 3.1 ports that work...but at USB 3 speeds or less...depending upon the time of day...and if I sacrifice a chicken. :D Seriously, they are usable, but not at USB 3.1 speeds. So, as you stated, we have to await Apple to market iMacs and Mac Pros with 3.1.

Sounds like you might as well use 3.0 ports and eat that chicken for dinner!:p Im impressed you got them to even kind of work. Im rocking a z-97 so Ive had absolutely no luck. Luckily they're type A and theres no use for them for me until more type A stuff gets released.

Will read that post later, thank you!.
I just made my Hackintosh and haven´t done anything extra for the USB 3 to work. I have a Asus Z97-A 3.1. In my list of USB have 2 USB 2 and 2 USB 3, but doesn´t say superspeed, is that ok?. How can I test them?
And everything I connect either back or front panel goes under one USB 3 and apperas below that hub.

Thanks?

Will read that post later, thank you!.
I just made my Hackintosh and haven´t done anything extra for the USB 3 to work. I have a Asus Z97-A 3.1. In my list of USB have 2 USB 2 and 2 USB 3, but doesn´t say superspeed, is that ok?. How can I test them?
And everything I connect either back or front panel goes under one USB 3 and apperas below that hub.

Thanks?

There is also my comprehensive post ...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Technically, Thunderbolt doesn’t belong to Apple; Intel invented it. Apple was simply the first company to implement it. Other companies started implementing it but it seems like they started slowing down on Thunderbolt adoption, likely because it’s not as big a deal on the Windows side because the hardware’s cheaper, while Mac hardware is more expensive and Apple doesn’t make any Macs with PCIe slots, so you have to use an eGPU if you want desktop graphics on a legitimate Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back