Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
So, ever since upgrading to High Sierra, I've had difficulties getting my external Time Machine HD to mount. Today, I tried different cables. I tried another 3.0 cable with no joy. Then I tried a 2.0 cable, and it came right up. Tried it in different ports, no mount with 3.0 cable, immediate mount with 2.0 cable. Does that mean that I don't have 3.0 on any of my ports? Is there some way to fix that? This is on my Gigabyte system.

Perhaps you'll need FakePCIID_XHCImux provided by Rehabman's FakePCIID package.

Perhaps you'll need FakePCIID_XHCImux provided by Rehabman's FakePCIID package.

Thanks... I have that. Where should I put it? C/K/O? L/E? S/L/E?

Put it in L/E with the other FakePCIID kexts. No joy. Still not mounting with a 3.0 cable, only 2.0.

Okay, I have been trying to familiarize myself with the content of this Guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

It's an uphill climb for me, but I 'll get there. In prepping for Port Discovery, I've placed FakePCIID_XHCImux.kext in L/E (with FakePCIID.kext), and alternatively in S/L/E. In neither instance could I find any reference to the kext in ioreg. Is there a more ideal location for it? I'd really like to get USB 3.0 working again because Time Machine is taking, obviously, a LOT longer on 2.0.

Okay, I have been trying to familiarize myself with the content of this Guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

It's an uphill climb for me, but I 'll get there. In prepping for Port Discovery, I've placed FakePCIID_XHCImux.kext in L/E (with FakePCIID.kext), and alternatively in S/L/E. In neither instance could I find any reference to the kext in ioreg. Is there a more ideal location for it? I'd really like to get USB 3.0 working again because Time Machine is taking, obviously, a LOT longer on 2.0.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no application for the hardware in your profile.
The 100-series chipset has no EHCI controller!

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no application for the hardware in your profile.
The 100-series chipset has no EHCI controller!

Well, that would be why, then. I'll take it out. Thank you. So, my best bet to enable USB 3.0 is to create a custom SSDT for the USBInjectAll kext per this guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back