Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 5770
I installed Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext (released Oct.16) with kextbeast and repaired permissions.

I restarted a few times and USB 3.0 still doesn't work. My USB 2.0 ports are all functional.

When I accidentally booted with a USB 3.0 key still connected to my system, the USB 3.0 works.

Any insight or help?

Thanks!

system: P67a-UD3-B3 rev.9, running chimera, updated from 10.9.5. everything else seems to work (other than sleep/hibernate/iMessage)

I've had this happen on my system as well.

I then tried 7.0.1 Multibeast univ which kinda works. I have to insert the usb key 2 or 3 times then it's recognized.
Even though that sorta works my system no longer is able to sleep with that driver.

I've done a reinstall and verified the no sleep when the usb 3 universal is installed.

I'm having serious USB issues. The RehabMan Generic USB kext is the same kext included in MultiBeast 7.0.1 right? If not can you add a link where you getting it?

Thanks. Tried it.
Basically if I use the Generic USB kext in MultiBeast 7.0.1 I get random kernel panics.
If I remove the generic kext I get kernel panics within minutes of getting to the desktop.
Use the 10/16 RehabMan kext it does a little better but sometimes freezes for no apparent reason.

Looks like I need to make a custom DSDT or just be patient for updates to the Generic USB kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back