Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Need two separate Ethernet connections on my Hackintosh so I purchased a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter that uses the Realtek RTL8153 chipset to use as the second connection. The onboard ethernet port works after installing the IntelMausiEthernet kext through MultiBeast, and I've tried installing the RealTekRTL8111 kext, but the device does not show up in the Network Preferences after I install the kext.

I've tried looking at the System Report and the device doesn't show up as a USB device there, however the lights on the device light up and are showing that they're connected to the live ethernet that's plugged into it. I'm assuming this is an issue, but I'm not sure how to get the device recognized by the computer.

Are there any kexts that will conflict with each other? Or is there a special way I need to install the kexts? I'm just dragging them to the EFI/Clover/Kexts folder.

Need two separate Ethernet connections on my Hackintosh so I purchased a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter that uses the Realtek RTL8153 chipset to use as the second connection. The onboard ethernet port works after installing the IntelMausiEthernet kext through MultiBeast, and I've tried installing the RealTekRTL8111 kext, but the device does not show up in the Network Preferences after I install the kext.

I've tried looking at the System Report and the device doesn't show up as a USB device there, however the lights on the device light up and are showing that they're connected to the live ethernet that's plugged into it. I'm assuming this is an issue, but I'm not sure how to get the device recognized by the computer.

Are there any kexts that will conflict with each other? Or is there a special way I need to install the kexts? I'm just dragging them to the EFI/Clover/Kexts folder.

RealtekRTL8111.kext is for Realtek PCIe Ethernet, not USB.
You would need specific Ethernet drivers/kexts for your USB device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back