Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 random disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X99P SLI > Need make and full model name > See Rules!
CPU
Xeon E5 > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've done a clean install of Lion today, looking to get my USB 3.0 Superspeed ports up and running. Ran Multibeast and included the kext for USB 3.0 support, but whilst system profiler recognises the ports, and my drives mount, they are continually being disconnected, seemingly quite randomly.

I've put up the relevant bits from Console showing where it went wrong. Can anyone make any sense of this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17610829/forum posts/USB 3.0 disconnect.rtf

For the record, I'm running 10.7.2 on a GA-Z68MX-UD2H0-B3 (BIOS revision 11); the issue's happening on both the front and back USB 3.0 sockets (USB 2.0 sockets are fine), and the drive is mounted in an ICY BOX eSATA drive (I'm using a USB 3.0 to eSATA cable)

Here's hoping!

No responses, so I'll bump this by adding that this morning I took my Bluetooth dongle, which works fine on a USB 2.0 port, and inserted it in the 3.0 port. The Bluetooth icon then showed the broken symbol at the top of my screen, and I could no longer connect my Magic Mouse.

Moving it back to the USB 2.0 port fixed this. So I assume this is a driver issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back