Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not cause kernel panic for me but my USB is still not working

OMG.....It does not work for me and it caused kernel panic.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
I use H87-D3H mobo, please let other people notice. Also after I swap the text file, it does not recognise my graphic card also....

Any other suggestions???

I have a z87 board got USB 3 working on Yosemite as follows:

Did not select Universal USB 3 on MultiBeast install and made sure that there was no GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

Had intermittent USB2 and no USB3 until I changed the XHCI Mode from "Smart Auto" (default) to "Enabled".
Capture.JPG
USB 2 and USB 3 worked at correct speeds with AppleUSB kext.

As loadedaxe has suggested, do not use the Universal USB 3 drivers.

As for the quick start setting panel, what board are you using?

Hi everyone,

Good news, everything is working fine. The audio and the USB3. Thanks everyone for your advice and knowledge.
So here is my settings for my Gigabyte motherboard Z77X-UD5H.

First I delete the file GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Then I reinstall Multibeast without Universal USB 3 drivers.

Here is my full configuration.

CONFIG_02.png

After installing I have this error message, but I don't know what is for.

Capture d’écran 2014-10-23 à 09.01.17.png

Also I change the Bios setting like @billbrown did :

"Had intermittent USB2 and no USB3 until I changed the XHCI Mode from "Smart Auto" (default) to "Enabled".

Restart my computer, and I was done.

Finally everything works fine, because I was bored about using my windows 7 partition. I was lost.

Thanks again for all your advice, because I can't find any good information in french.

Best from Paris, France.

First post. I have a z77-ds3h and my USB 3.0 ports stopped working after a clean install of Yosemite. Everything worked fine in Mavericks. Basically I tried switching in a couple of kexts from my old install. I believe what I did to fix it was take the IOUSBFamily.kext from my Mavericks backup and use that one in place of the one Yosemite installed. Now I have GenericUSBXHCI.kext version 1.2.7, IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext version 1.1.0, IOUSBFamily.kext version 686.4.1, and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext version 3.6.0 in S/L/E - all USB ports are working AND I can wake my computer from sleep, which I was never able to do since day one.

This is what I need to make my rig work using the same mobo. You might require additional audio (HDA) fix because I am using an external Firewire Audio Interface that works out of the box.
Multibeast Configuration, all USB ports working:

Multibeast for GA-Z77- DS3H.png

Hi everyone,

Good news, everything is working fine. The audio and the USB3. Thanks everyone for your advice and knowledge.
So here is my settings for my Gigabyte motherboard Z77X-UD5H.

First I delete the file GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Then I reinstall Multibeast without Universal USB 3 drivers.

Here is my full configuration.

View attachment 109197

After installing I have this error message, but I don't know what is for.

View attachment 109200

Also I change the Bios setting like @billbrown did :

"Had intermittent USB2 and no USB3 until I changed the XHCI Mode from "Smart Auto" (default) to "Enabled".

Restart my computer, and I was done.

Finally everything works fine, because I was bored about using my windows 7 partition. I was lost.

Thanks again for all your advice, because I can't find any good information in french.

Best from Paris, France.

Can you please test the following?

1. sleep / wake
2. Plugin your iPhone to the USB Port

Does your hack instantly reboots?

Thanks
Madman

Removed the USB.kext from system and changed XCI to Enabled from Auto. Everything works now but the front two USB 3.0 on case! I guess you cant win them all, unless I forgot to plug them in during the build.

Removed the USB.kext from system and changed XCI to Enabled from Auto. Everything works now but the front two USB 3.0 on case! I guess you cant win them all, unless I forgot to plug them in during the build.

with my Z77-UD3H this doesn't solve USB problem

I have a z87 board got USB 3 working on Yosemite as follows:

Did not select Universal USB 3 on MultiBeast install and made sure that there was no GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

Had intermittent USB2 and no USB3 until I changed the XHCI Mode from "Smart Auto" (default) to "Enabled".
View attachment 109157
USB 2 and USB 3 worked at correct speeds with AppleUSB kext.

Thanks for the suggestion , however it didn't work for me.
I changed it, USB ports still not fully functional.
Some are working , some are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back