CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
RTX 2070 & HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey so I have a hackintosh I built, and I got OS X El Capitan installed. It's on an Asus x99-a ii motherboard with a i7 5820k processor. USB 2.0 ports work just fine, But the USB 3.0 ports don't work. There are a couple settings for xhci in the bios, but none of them work. I've also tried patching things with some kexts, but none of them have worked. Anyone have any ideas? By the way the USB 3.0 ports are handled by a asmedia USB 3.0 controller.

Last edited:
Hey so I have a hackintosh I built, and I got OS X El Capitan installed. It's on an Asus x99-a ii motherboard with a i7 5820k processor. USB 2.0 ports work just fine, But the USB 3.0 ports don't work. There are a couple settings for xhci in the bios, but none of them work. I've also tried patching things with some kexts, but none of them have worked. Anyone have any ideas? By the way the USB 3.0 ports are handled by a asmedia USB 3.0 controller.

For any Intel USB3...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

So I saw the solution for intel USB 3.0 fix, and I tried it, but realized that mine has an asmedia USB 3.0 controller. So I tried the generic kext patch, but that didn't seem to do the trick. Do you have any other ideas?

If you can disable the ASMedia controller to use Intel instead, do that.

If you can disable the ASMedia controller to use Intel instead, do that.
So tried that, and I can't get it to work... could I buy a pci USB 3.0 adapter to get things working?

I tried it once, but failed trying... I don't think I did anything wrong, but I'll try it again. Worse comes to worse, could I buy one of those USB pci adapters?

I don't think you tried my custom SSDT guide. I published it yesterday.

I don't think you tried my custom SSDT guide. I published it yesterday.
I'll try that, thank you so much! If that doesn't work though, what do you think my chances would be going with one of those adapters?

I'll try that, thank you so much! If that doesn't work though, what do you think my chances would be going with one of those adapters?

Your 9-series board should have enough Intel ports, such that you don't need an adapter.
But in my 6-series desktop (no Intel USB3), I used an FL1100 based card that worked OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back