Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a direct update from Yosemite to El Capitan. I was using the GenericUSBXHCI.kext to make it work in using Yosemite. I understand that there are changes in El Capitan so this kext will not work anymore. Please help on any possible fix. Here is my IOReg and DSDT for reference. Thank you.

Attachments

• Mark’s iMac.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 213
  • DSDT.aml
    40.4 KB · Views: 194
Just tried the solution on the post. USB 3.0 ports sill does not work for me :(

I did a direct update from Yosemite to El Capitan. I was using the GenericUSBXHCI.kext to make it work in using Yosemite. I understand that there are changes in El Capitan so this kext will not work anymore. Please help on any possible fix. Here is my IOReg and DSDT for reference. Thank you.

1st thing to do when you troubleshoot is to look at the spec.

your board uses AsMedia ASM1042 to drive the USB3 ports according to the manual. so if you look around for ASM1042 under El Capitan, you see currently there's no way to make it to work. maybe later, but not now. buy a PCI card with supported chipset if you need USB3 now.

1st thing to do when you troubleshoot is to look at the spec.

your board uses AsMedia ASM1042 to drive the USB3 ports according to the manual. so if you look around for ASM1042 under El Capitan, you see currently there's no way to make it to work. maybe later, but not now. buy a PCI card with supported chipset if you need USB3 now.

I have a ASM1042 too, but it worked in Yosemite with hacks. Maybe buying a card wouldn't be so bad since they are not expensive

Hello all,

Is there any fix since this last post?

Thanks!

Hi, i have a x58 ud3r, i have that problem, but i use the multibeast yosemity edion/shown package content/contents/resources/GenericUSBXHCI-v1.2.8d9.pkg reboot and wallaaahh i have usb2 and usb3 runing perfectly, i hope these tip help some body, and excuse my pour english :headbang:

Okay.........

I have a GA-EX58 UD3R ver. 1.6 mobo
I have an Apple Bluetooth/Wifi card mounted on a PCIE adapter for native support.
I have a Maga PCI 64 bit host card for my 7 slot expansion chassis
I have a pro XLR out USB audio box (Peavy) for sound.
I'm using clover installed on USB to run Yosemite 10.10.5 pretty much flawlessly, except for no sleep. Everything works great.

This is a pretty kick ass pro tools TDM setup which has been running well in my studio for years.

I have it triple backed up with Carbon Copy Cloner. For this reason I keep clover on USB permanently.

I was unhappy with USB 2.0 speed, so I decided to grab an inexpensive USB 3.1 pcie card. I ordered the dodocool card from Amazon. This card has two USB 3.1 ports, one with the A style connector, and one with the new 3.1 connector. It uses a generic chipset. Not sure which.

I cannot figure out how to get this thing to work! I've tried different pcie slots. Different OSX versions.

At first 10.10.5 would freeze on boot, once the Apple logo progress bar gets about an eighth of the way.

Then I used clover to boot into my recovery volume, which boots fine. In this mode the pcie card works fine. Drives show up and I'm able to do drive repairs, fix permissions, etc. I think it's only enabled at USB 3.0 speed, but that's fine.

Now when I try to boot 10.10.5 again it boots normally. No more freeze, but I cannot get the USB 3.1 ports to show up at all. Drives won't mount, and there seems to be some kind of interference with the Bluetooth card. Mouse becomes jerky. I figured it was an IRQ sharing problem.

I went into the bios and changed the IRQ of the serial port via trial and error, and after many issues with the machine continuously rebooting before it got to clover, I finally got the Bluetooth interference resolved, but the PCIE card still does not work in 10.10.5. Only when I boot from the recovery volume......

However, in system profiler I can see the pcie card registered as "USB super speed device", and I can see what is plugged into it. I just can't see the drive in utilities or mount it.

For this to work in recovery mode but not with the regular boot is weird. I'm thinking that maybe a driver is being loaded in recovery that is not being loaded in the regular boot. Or vise versa?

The card is only $17 so I may as well keep it and figure out how to get it going.

Can anybody help?

I've searched high and low and tried all kinds of potential solutions. Nada!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back