Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2048MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I'm having some troubles with my USB 3.0 ports on my High Sierra (10.13.4) build. They all work with USB 2.0 devices, but as soon as I connect any USB 3.0 devices they won't show up in the rear ports. When I'm using the port on the front of the cabinet, they show up but run at 2.0 speed. This is really frustrating. I've set XHCI to "Smart Auto" in the BIOS but it doesn't solve the problem.

I've installed the 7/8/9 Series USB Support from Multibeast and the Increase Max Port Limit as well without any luck.
In the system report they all show up as USB 2.0 busses ‍♂️

I hope you guys can help me.

Build:
I7 4770
ASRock Z97M Pro4
32GB DDR3
GTX 1050
240 GB SSD
480 GB SSD

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.12.14.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.12.14.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 229
There's a new port limit patch for 10.13.4 - i can't tell from Multibeast release notes whether it's included in the linked release for High Sierra (check your config.plist). See here for details of the patch. See here for details of USB port injectors and ACPI definitions.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm having some troubles with my USB 3.0 ports on my High Sierra (10.13.4) build. They all work with USB 2.0 devices, but as soon as I connect any USB 3.0 devices they won't show up in the rear ports. When I'm using the port on the front of the cabinet, they show up but run at 2.0 speed. This is really frustrating. I've set XHCI to "Smart Auto" in the BIOS but it doesn't solve the problem.

I've installed the 7/8/9 Series USB Support from Multibeast and the Increase Max Port Limit as well without any luck.
In the system report they all show up as USB 2.0 busses ‍♂️

I hope you guys can help me.

Build:
I7 4770
ASRock Z97M Pro4
32GB DDR3
GTX 1050
240 GB SSD
480 GB SSD

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I've tried to follow the guides and got the USB 3.0 ports to work now. But now I'm experiencing mouse lag when devices are connected to these ports :( Can it have something to do with me maybe configuring the USB ports wrong?

I've tried to follow the guides and got the USB 3.0 ports to work now. But now I'm experiencing mouse lag when devices are connected to these ports :( Can it have something to do with me maybe configuring the USB ports wrong?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

dear Rehabman
can you help me solve my USB 3.0 Problem
my usb device is (XHC, 100-series chipset (8086:9d2f): 10-USB2 ports HS01-HS10, 6-USB3 ports SS01-SS06, plus USR1/USR2)) and there are my Clover and IOREG 3.0.2 file
when I plug in usb to hacktonish, it always see HSXX although i plug in usb 3.0 in to usb 3.0 port, can you help me
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• help USB 3.0.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 102
I have had ssdt-uaic.aml but not change, please help me

Reply to guide thread with "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ and as requested in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back