Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 PCIe Cards that work OOB in El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up this from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252170465748?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Installed and worked OOB on 10.12.2. Previously never been able to get any onboard USB3.0 working. This is giving the full 5Gb/s transfer rate and reports correctly in System Profiler as using AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 as the Host Controller Driver.

The final icing on the cake was the order was placed on the 29th of Dec and I received the card from Hong Kong to the UK on the 4th of Jan.

Delighted and can't recommend enough!!

Picked up this from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252170465748?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Installed and worked OOB on 10.12.2. Previously never been able to get any onboard USB3.0 working. This is giving the full 5Gb/s transfer rate and reports correctly in System Profiler as using AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 as the Host Controller Driver.

The final icing on the cake was the order was placed on the 29th of Dec and I received the card from Hong Kong to the UK on the 4th of Jan.

Delighted and can't recommend enough!!

Does this also work with an Hackntosh configured as iMac? (iMac17,1 to be exact)

What other chips are macOS compatible OOB? Is asmedia 1142 supported?

I've read about FL1100 and asmedia 1042a already.

thanks

It will extend the life of this 6-series/Sandy i7 system for some time... And now I can update my main partition to 10.11 for everyday use.

Thats the h67 chipset? Anyway, though desktop sleep is less neccessary, is the 6 series sleep issues due to the non supported usb 3 and would an edit enable a card like this and disable the onboard to allow it?

Last edited:
Thats the h67 chipset? Anyway, though desktop sleep is less neccessary, is the 6 series sleep issues due to the non supported usb 3 and would an edit enable a card like this and disable the onboard to allow it?

After doing numerous things, it came down to my mistake when patching with instant wake. I had not done the search for "0x6D" in the DSDT. Coming back and searching in a clean one, there was no result for that so using the "0x0D" did and solved the no sleep. The etron ej168 which I was thinking and reading about people having problems is actually working with no edits except clovers patches eusb to eh01 and usbe to eh02

Everything works perfect. I am a bit surprised that the usb sticks write seems kind of slow, (slower than tests with hdd) but is probably result of getting the cheapest possible. I thought that an ssd would show some fair speeds but get usb to ata bridge thats about the same as hdd 30 mbs. maybe a chip in an enclosure for usb3 brings better speeds?

@Stagetwo

Have you been able to sort the USB3 disconnects out? I experience these with my Inateck KT4004 too. Very annoying.

I just got an Inateck KTU3FR-5O2U ... I see this in System Profile:

USB 3.0 Bus:
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIFL1100
PCI Device ID: 0x1100
PCI Revision ID: 0x0010
PCI Vendor ID: 0x1b73

... but no drives I attach show up in Disk Utility.
What can I do? (10.12.6)

UPDATE: After a restart, it's working. Success!

Last edited:
For what it´s worth: Just put in a Inateck KT 4006 into an original MacPro 3.1 as well as into a MacPro 5.1, both run El Capitan, to boost the time to backup large files to external drives. Was initially tempted to go for the KT4004 with 4 ports, but the forum discussion let me change my mind, THANKS!
KT 4006 (2 ports) works in both systems flawlessly, recognized properly in profiler and I see good transfer rates, no side effects noticed at all. So CONFIRM FL 1100 is natively supported working OOB on real Mac!

Inateck KT 4006 on Gigabyte Z68 based Htosh running Sierra 10.12.6: OOB, correctly displayed in system profiler, decent speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back