Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 PCIe Cards that work OOB in El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the inatek KT-4006 in my series 6 ga-p67a-ud3-b3. Worked beutifully until I updated to 10.11.2. Now nothing:cry:.
Any Ideas?

Installed the inatek KT-4006 in my series 6 ga-p67a-ud3-b3. Worked beutifully until I updated to 10.11.2. Now nothing:cry:.
Any Ideas?

Slate Digital still hasn't signed off on El Capitan so I'm still not using it for the work system that has the KT-4006 card but I did just install 10.11.2 to start prepping for when I can start using it full time. That being said, the KT-4006 does show up as available in System Information. I have not run a test with it but if I run into any problems I'll report them.

Hi Rehaban,
As I am having problem with USB ports after the installation of 10.11., I decided to follow your example and to order USB 3 card Inteck KTU3FR-5O2l.
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00FPIMJEW/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Does this card works OOB on 10.11.3? Is there a possibility that it will work on the next upgrades of El Capitan?
I would like to ask you for a help about patching of of DSDT file. Until now I used DSDT (and SSDT) file that I downloaded from tonymacx86.com, and in 2011th I did some patch (I remember that I used HDEF Gigabyte patcher), and I did not have any problems, beside that I had USB 2 port’s speed on the USB 3 ports. Now I want to optimize the system and stay on El Capitan for the next two years. That is why I want to do it right from the beginning in order to avoid additional set up. With the help of MaciASL tool I separated my DSDT and SSDT. When I install USB 3 card, is it better to reinstall the system from the beginning?
I also plan to order Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd card with adapter:

http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh

In order to change current TP-Link TL-WDN4800 and IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. Can the Apple BCM94360CD work on my configuration?
Hardware that I use I noted in my profile.

Hi Rehaban,
As I am having problem with USB ports after the installation of 10.11., I decided to follow your example and to order USB 3 card Inteck KTU3FR-5O2l.
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00FPIMJEW/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Does this card works OOB on 10.11.3?

If it is based on FL1100 chipset, it is supported OOB by 10.11.

Is there a possibility that it will work on the next upgrades of El Capitan?

No one can predict the future.

Note: Your other questions are off-topic.

RehabMan, thanks for your reply. I've already ordered the aforementioned PCI USB 3 card. I'm sorry that I made off topic. Where would be most appropriate to ask for help with DSDT file?

Just confirmed the KT-4006 still working just fine under 10.11.2 & 10.11.3.

10.11.2 FL1100.png

10.11.3 FL1100.png

Hi,
I bought Inatech KTU3FR-5O2U:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FPIMICA/?tag=tonymacx86-21

In 10.11.3 I connected a USB3 thumb drive (which has been tested extensively in other systems) but I am only getting USB2 speeds. The thumb drive is attached under the USB 2.0 Hub. Speeds are really bad.

I also tried a couple of external usb disks. They are recognizable as USB3 devices but still I am getting low read/write speeds.

Any idea of what may be wrong? I am attaching screenshots of the problem.

I have been getting cosistently much higher speeds in Yosemite and Windows Hardware with the same USB devices.

Any idea of what I should look further?

Thanks!!!!

PS: My configuration is

* Sandy Bridge (LGA 1155)
* Asus P8P67 B3 3.0
* patched bios 2303 (to remove lock from MSR 0xE2 register)
* Renesas USB 3.0 Controller (USB3 for the internal controller has been disabled from BIOS)
* Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz

Attachments

• about_hd.png
    about_hd.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 158
  • aja_hd.png
    aja_hd.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 140
  • aja_stick.png
    aja_stick.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 147
  • iojones_stick.png
    iojones_stick.png
    206.4 KB · Views: 148
  • about_stick.png
    about_stick.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 145
SYBA SD-PEX 20158 works OOB but Read / Write rates are sluggish. Maybe my config, investigatingScreen Shot 2016-02-09 at 18.05.02.png

:thumbup: I have KT4006 With El Capitan 10.11.3 and it works fine. I didn't need to download or install anything. Card is at home since today. When I unpacked it, I was afraid because I had readen how to install ... on Win, no words for OS. But in hack it worked very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back