Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 PCIe Cards that work OOB in El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another happy Inatek KT-4006 PCI-E card owner.

Just bought it from Amazon.co.uk, installed it in a PCI-E slot in my PC, and it's been working flawlessly so far. My external USB 3.0 hard-drive now shows up as a USB 3.0 device in OS X. Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H.

Full Success: 4 Port Internal Power Required

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B6ZCNGM/

Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card

ASIN: B00B6ZCNGM
Item model number: KTU3FR-4P

Speeds are CRAZY fast compared to my onboard. However, has common issue: Improper eject on sleep, but will relaunch drive on wake.

Question:

Has anyone tried the 4-Port (same manufacture) (direct PCI Port power - no supplemental power connection)?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFR2I2C/

it's same price as the 2 port.

Just wondering if those that have the Inatek KT-4006 card working have checked their speeds. I have it "working" on my series 6 mobo but not at usb3 speeds. I used AJA and blackmagic as benchmarking tools. Only got around 50 Mb/sec. Anybody else have any reports:ugeek: on speed?:ugeek:

Last edited:
It runs right around 120 MB/s on my system with a 7200 RPM hard drive. Glad you got it showing up on your system. Did it show up after switching the PCIe slot? Did any other cards work in the slot you were originally using? What adjustments have you made?

As I posted in that other thread, my Etron EJ168A is working great.

In El Cap? If so could you post how you got it to work. I can't even boot with it enabled :rolleyes:

I just ordered the Inateck yesterday on Amazon. I'm still on Yosemite but plan on testing it with both Yosemite and el cap with a second boot drive. I've never had good results with the onboard fl1009 on the gigabyte x79-up4 under Mavericks or Yosemite. Always drops the drive during transfers. Now in el cap the fl1009 isn't supported at all. I'm hoping the Inateck solves these problems and if it works in el cap even better. I'll post results within the next week or 2. I move slow. My server is still running Mavericks. Lol

It runs right around 120 MB/s on my system with a 7200 RPM hard drive. Glad you got it showing up on your system. Did it show up after switching the PCIe slot? Did any other cards work in the slot you were originally using? What adjustments have you made?

For some reason the PCIe X1 slot does not work in El Capitan. I tried my wifi card in this particular slot and it didn't work either. I had no problem with this slot in Yosemite I had an Orico PVU3_XXXXX card in that slot since 2012 and it worked well.
So, I plugged the Inatek KT-4006 in the PCIe X1 slot that the wifi card was in and it worked. But speed was only 60MBs.
Then I put the wifi card back in it's original slot and plugged the Inatek KT-4006 into an unused PCIe X4 slot and it worked. Speed is 80 MBs. Still nowhere near your speeds . I'm testing with a WD passport Ultra 2Tb USB 3.0 drive. I might add that I'm testing on a fresh install of El Capitan

I also tried an ORICO PVU3-5O2U that I bought by mistake (It was only $12.99 and had seven ports) This showed up in system info normally, but the drive connected to it took forever to mount and forever to show it's contents. Not sure what any of this means.I will work on Rehabman's solutions when time permits.
One more thing, The speed is never mentioned in system report like it used to be (Up to 5Gb/sec)
:crazy:

Can anybody get UASP working with the Inateck cards in el Cap?

I had a spare SSD laying around, so i'd thought i'd look for an USB3 enclosure, since the new shiny Inateck USB3 Cards pretty much all work OOTB without doing anything in El Capitan.

The new USB3 enclosure support UASP mode, which is according to claims, a 70% faster protocol for USB3 + SSD transfers.

UASP mode works since 10.8 in OSX, you can check this for yourself if you have a UASP USB3 enclosure, an SSD, and go into System Information -> Extensions and see if IOUSBAttachedSCSI is loaded with yes.

For me with two Inateck cards and OSX's native USB3 management, it says no under El Capitan.

Booted into Yosemite with the old loaded USBXHCI kext (this was actually for an ASUS USB3 card, now unsupported without the kext), and it says there yes.

Benchmarks are radically different, too, with 4K writes speed up 100% in UASP mode in 10.10

USBXHCI kext superseeded the native Inateck FL1100 USB drivers in 10.10?
Any way to patch the mac native USB3 drivers so that IOUSBAttachedSCSI gets loaded?

Benchmarks below, same machine.

USB3ElCapNoUASP:

View attachment 159886

USB3YoseUASP:

View attachment 159887

Bought a Inateck KTU3FR-5O2U 7-port USB 3.0 PCIe card and it works in El Capitan without any drivers or modifications. Tested and runs at USB 3 speeds. Has the FL1100 chip.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPIMICA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back