Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7 7700K @ 5GHz 1.43V
Graphics
Saphire RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

As the title suggests, I'm having issues with this config.

Everything works great, including thunderbolt 3 in high sierra, barring USB 3.0

USB 2.0 works, USB 3.1 works.

I'm stumped on what needs to be done to fix this. I've seen rehabmans posts for the XHCI 200 Series kext, and tried that, to no avail.

Does anybody have any light they can shine on the issue?

I'm actually even willing to drop a small amount of money for somebody to help me get USB 3.0 working, as I need this as a working machine pretty soon!

See the post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-usb-raise-port-limit-patch-for-high-sierra.226072/. It works for me. I am using 270 UD5 too. Make sure you use USBinjectAll.kext.

upload_2017-9-29_0-13-23.png

BTW, your thunderbolt3 works out of box? Why am I not getting it work...

BTW, your thunderbolt3 works out of box? Why am I not getting it work...
Well, I went into windows and installed the thunderbolt driver, and powered on my thunderbolt device once, so windows could register it.

Then after that, it worked in High Sierra, just make sure you boot with the thunderbolt device plugged in before powering on the hackintosh.

Well, I went into windows and installed the thunderbolt driver, and powered on my thunderbolt device once, so windows could register it.

Then after that, it worked in High Sierra, just make sure you boot with the thunderbolt device plugged in before powering on the hackintosh.
WOW, interesting. So the thunderbolt needs to be registered before using... Got it.

Do you get your USB 3 working?

One more thing. Does the vega work out of the box? If so, I am really heading for a custom vega in the future. :)

I don't know why but I get my Thunderbolt3 working... It works in my windows before I install the Thunderbolt3 software. But anyway, it happens.

WOW, interesting. So the thunderbolt needs to be registered before using... Got it.

Do you get your USB 3 working?

One more thing. Does the vega work out of the box? If so, I am really heading for a custom vega in the future. :)
Zero editing needed for Vega. Works out of the box.

Still having issues getting usb 3.0 to work

I've tried following the guides on here to address my ports correctly, but to no avail. Using the USB Inject All kext seems to make the boot take about 4 mins, and then after the progress bar at the black Apple logo screen reaches the end, the screen just goes black, and stays black.

I'm willing to drop a small amount of money for somebody to help out over TeamViewer. If anyone is interested, just drop me a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back