GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
i7 2600k sandy
Graphics
HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My mobo is gigabyte z68xp-ud3 and the usb 3.0 ports work fine with external HDD USB 3.0. But after wake from sleep, they do not recognize the HDD.

I am using the latest GenericusbXHCI.kext version 1.2.7

And now my sleep has broken. When i sleep, it wakes immediately.. All this is happening after i installed genericusbxhci.kext 1.2.5

Any solutions guys?

want to report another thing, when i shutdown yesterday since sleep is not working, immediately after shutdown the system restarted..

What do you know, I practically have the same issue.

If I have a drive plugged into the blue USB 3.0 slots in the back and go to sleep without unmounting them, the machine will have issues after waking up. With my ADATA 32GB USB stick, it will complain that the drives weren't ejected properly and any drives will no longer be mounted. I had to unplug, and replug into a different port to get it to recognize again. With my Toshiba Canvio 1TB external drive, I don't get any funny errors and the drive is still mounted, but trying to access it (in Finder, or in Disk Utility) leads to :beachball:.

In both cases, the machine won't sleep, shutdown, or restart properly afterwards -- everything will close, the screen will go grey with the moving cursor, and hang there for seemingly forever. I run out of patience every time and shut it down with the power button.

I think this problem has been around for a while. I reported it back when I first upgraded to Mavericks. No solution so far. Don't think it's even being addressed. You may check the insanelymac forum dedicated to the GenericUSBXHCI driver as well.

I think this problem has been around for a while. I reported it back when I first upgraded to Mavericks. No solution so far. Don't think it's even being addressed. You may check the insanelymac forum dedicated to the GenericUSBXHCI driver as well.

oh, thats bad.. this seems to be such a small issue. I am sure someone here knows the solution. But i will look into other forums too. thanks anyways..

update: i could resolve the UBS 3 external HDD not getting connected after sleep and over all system sleep issue by using -gux_nosleep flag during bootup.

But i guess one last problem persists. While using logic, when i start logic pro x, during its initial load screen, computer freezes beyond recovery. I mean i have to hard boot then.. This happens if the USB 3 hard disk is connected. If i load up logic with out USB 3 HDD, it works fine.. But otherwise i freezes.. Same happened when i started vmfusion to start virtual windows..

Any one facing anything like this.. ???

I am sure something is conflicting and surely can be resolved, I have rectified everything, this one last issue needs to go..

Hi,

Yes it is a very annoying problem that I've experienced for a long time. Not only Mavericks though, Mountain Lion too.

It manifests itself in different ways, sometimes not allowing USB to power up after wake from sleep, and this seems to freeze the system/display too. Reboot needed.

I tried removing the Generic USB3 kext altogether so that the ports weren't visible to the O/S but the system still hangs.

I feel it is either a general USB failure when woken or maybe the hard drive (internal or external) suddenly becoming "invisible".

The last time everything worked for me was back at 10.8.3 ML, and then the internal hard drives always appeared as external and no kext could change them...

Hard to pin down ...

Hi,

Yes it is a very annoying problem that I've experienced for a long time. Not only Mavericks though, Mountain Lion too.

It manifests itself in different ways, sometimes not allowing USB to power up after wake from sleep, and this seems to freeze the system/display too. Reboot needed.

I tried removing the Generic USB3 kext altogether so that the ports weren't visible to the O/S but the system still hangs.

I feel it is either a general USB failure when woken or maybe the hard drive (internal or external) suddenly becoming "invisible".

The last time everything worked for me was back at 10.8.3 ML, and then the internal hard drives always appeared as external and no kext could change them...

Hard to pin down ...

i see.. but it seems like a simpler issue as compared to others big issues out there. I am sure a remedy is round the corner. lets keep looking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back