Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 cards chipsets natively supported OOB? Fresco FL1100? (Orico, Inateck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get USB 3.0 working, but my board has got the old NEC chipset. Obviously, I need a PCIE card. Any experience with the Fresco FL1100 USB 3.0 chipset? It is listed in Apple's kexts as XHCI, it seems it used to work OOB at least under 10.8.2, and I saw one mention of it working OOB in 10.11. Since it's not sold locally, I would love to hear some experience from those who have it and upgraded to El Capitan, before I order it from abroad (with all the paperwork and taxes).

Any sleep issues? Any speed issues (back in 10.8.2, some reported not so great speeds)? Does it work OOB, or do you still need to do some port injection magic due to the new way El Capitan USB drivers work? Needs a specific SMBIOS Mac ID to work?

Thanks for any info! If it just worked, it might be the easiest way to get USB 3 without any messing around.
I had a Orico PFE-2U (with the FL1009, though they sold it to me as PME-2U), that stopped working after upgrading to El Capitan.

I bought the ORICO PME-4UI on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161471647332). It has a FL1100 (clearly recognizable on the board) and it's working OOB. When I have my WD Mybook direclty attached to it, I have no sleep problems.

To the internal port I connected this USB 3.0 card reader and hub: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131550034831 There are no problems with sleep when there's no USB drive attached to it. Also when I have a WD Elements plugged in, my rig also goes nicely to sleep. However, when I have a Sandisk Extreme plugged in, it goes to sleep and immediately wakes up. The difference is that the Sandisk is reported as an INTERNAL drive.

I just installed the Inateck KTU3FR-5O2I. Unfortunately sleep does not work anymore on my machine :(

Whenever sleep kicks in, the computer immediately wakes up and hangs. In console even the wake reason isn't mentioned either.

Suggestions?

Ok, I found out that it's the card reader that breaks sleep.

Something changed in El Capitan rgearding the card readers, because after the upgrade my USB 2.0 card reader breaks sleep and this new USB 3.0 card reader too.

Bought Orico PME-4U card (FL 1100) for 11€ and works for me on 10.11.1 with

DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext modded ( 1.00 to 1.01 -AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext version compatibility )
injecting by Clover

:)

Hi ArobaseFr, can you share the kext please ?

Thanks

Can anyone explain to me how I can connect these 20 pin cards when all I have are 36 pin pci e slots. I was looking at the Inatek KT-4006 that many have reported success with.

Thanks.

Any modern USB3.0 PCie cards with internal headers available?

Trying to avoid Fresco Logic chipsets and USB3.0 Gen 2 chipsets, just need straight USB3.0 with internal header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back