1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

I have had this machine for a little over a year and I have ran 10.8.1 until updating to 10.8.5, and then the other day to 10.9. I have had no issues with installation of the OS or anything, but ever since day 1, I have never been able to get my USB 3.0 ports on the back to work. I also had intermittent sleep issues during 10.8.1, but they somewhat corrected themselves after 10.8.5 and the multibeast during that time. I figure that now would be a good time to fix these 2 small issues.

1. I used the generic USB 3.0 kext from multi beast after installing 10.9, and they will not work.

2. Sleep somewhat works now, but after I hit the sleep option in the drop down menu, my monitors with go out immediately, but the computer and fans will continue to run for around 30 seconds before shutting down. It will immediately wake back up when you hit the keyboard though. This isn't that big a deal to me, I never used sleep before anyways. If i have to wait 30 seconds for the computer to go to sleep, its no biggie. I would just like to know if there is a fix to make it go to sleep faster. I have used the PowerManagement kext from multibeast.

Here are my specs:

GA-Z77-DS3H
i5 2500k (no OC right now. I know, weird right?)
EVGA GTX470

If anyone needs anymore info please let me know.

I have similar issues and similar hardware.

USB 3 works some times, but usually not. Sleep just shuts the monitors, but computer still running.

Sleep issue doesnt bother me that much, but i wold like to get USB 3 running properly.

I got GA z77x-ds3h
intel 3770K
EVG Geforce GT 640

Same here. USB 3.0 is working but when I'm transferring anything over it it gets stuck and the transfer stops. Never happened with ML.

Sleep is working fine but the issue with 3.0 is really annoying, i can't use it. :(

try the kext for USB 3.0- from Lacie....
For me it just works....

try the kext for USB 3.0- from Lacie....
For me it just works....

Is the Lacie working in a Z77-DS3H? Or have you a different mobo?

Yes it works...you just need to plug the USB 3.0 device with the computer off....
When you turn it in on , Mavericks recognizes the USB 3.0 device....

I can confirm that the latest version compiled 27.10.2013 of generic USB kext is working 100% for this mobo....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back