Contribute
Register

USB 2.0 slow speeds, do you know a simple fix???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
USB 2.0 slow speeds, please help me fix it

Hi

My Hackintosh is working perfectly. The only problem I would like to fix is USB 2.0 speed. My USB ports works but the speed is terrible, It takes 4min to transfer 1GB file.

It would be nice to have USB 3.0 working properly but I just need USB 2.0 working as it should.

I have tried several fixes, but it did't work for me, maybe I have done something wrong

Any simple suggestion to fix at least USB 2.0 (speeds) ??? Or could you fix my EFI/CLOVER/config.plist ? (is it too much to ask???)

The spec for this build:
OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 (Model Identifier: iMac14,2)

GA Z97-D3H
Gigabite GTX 650 1GB
Intel® Core™ i5-4440 Processor
8gb Ram

I appreciate your help
Thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 273
Hi

My Hackintosh is working perfectly. The only problem I would like to fix is USB 2.0 speed. My USB ports works but the speed is terrible, It takes 4min to transfer 1GB file.

It would be nice to have USB 3.0 working properly but I just need USB 2.0 working as it should.

I have tried several fixes, but it did't work for me, maybe I have done something wrong

Any simple suggestion to fix at least USB 2.0 (speeds) ??? Or could you fix my EFI/CLOVER/config.plist ? (is it too much to ask???)

The spec for this build:
OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 (Model Identifier: iMac14,2)

GA Z97-D3H
Gigabite GTX 650 1GB
Intel® Core™ i5-4440 Processor
8gb Ram

I appreciate your help
Thank you

I Have the same MOBO and this fixes is the solution:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/172337-el-capitan-usb-issues-possible-fix.html

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I have followed the guide. I have done this

1) Patching your DSDT via clover, for comment put change _OSI to XOSI - for find* [HEX] put 5F4F5349 - for Replace* [HEX] put 584F5349
2) Copy the code into the MaciASL window. Save As SSDT-XOSI.aml, (as ACPI Machine Language Binary), place in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
3) Open up Kext wizard install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and reboot your hack

but I am stuck with:
"creating a correct port injector for your system you can correct the often incorrect DSDT ports."
"determine which ports are actually active on your system using IORegistryExplorer v2.1"

I tried tis guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/
but a bit confusing for me (I hate DSDT edits, codes & all that s...)

How did you do it?

I have done this

1) Patching your DSDT via clover, for comment put change _OSI to XOSI - for find* [HEX] put 5F4F5349 - for Replace* [HEX] put 584F5349
2) Copy the code into the MaciASL window. Save As SSDT-XOSI.aml, (as ACPI Machine Language Binary), place in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
3) Open up Kext wizard install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and reboot your hack

Did that much fix your problem?

Have you tried different USB devices, just in case? Some people have reported problems with certain USB drive enclosures.

I don't have a 9-series board to try, but the times I've tested a SSD in a USB3 enclosure under El Capitan I've gotten the expected results from Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.

Hi

Yes I have tried USB 3.0 memory stick, the transfer speed was 5gb file took 7 min which is better than 1gb in 4 min
Still slow.

I have tried to follow a several guides to enable USB 3.0 but no success, I might be doing something wrong. They are a bit confusing for me.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I have followed the guide. I have done this

but I am stuck with:
"creating a correct port injector for your system you can correct the often incorrect DSDT ports."
"determine which ports are actually active on your system using IORegistryExplorer v2.1"

I tried tis guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/
but a bit confusing for me (I hate DSDT edits, codes & all that s...)

How did you do it?

I just use this cooking list from the post and works for me:

Original fix below:

El Capitan USB3 Fix - GA Z97-D3H
As this fix had had a lot of views i decided i would rewrite it so its a bit clearer.

Since updating to El Capitan Public beta, I had problems with the USB on my Gigabyte Z97-D3H.

The main problem was USB3 drives were reporting in the USB2 bus and hence running at USB2 speed, Also USB2 devices were not working in USB3 ports.

The original thread is here USB Driver Changed Again - PB6
With the help of RehabMan I have now sorted this to a satisfactory level. I would like to thank him as without him I wouldn’t of got this sorted.

We tried lots of different things to get my USB working properly, more info on the below fix is included in the original thread.

Below is what I have to do on a clean install of El Capitan to get my USB ports working correctly. I am following the instructions exactly to get USB3 working on my system.

This works for me, on my hardware. It may not work for you. I hold no responsibility if your hack breaks so always have a backup and a way to restore it if it goes wrong.

I'm by no means a expert but I feel I have learned a fair bit from RehabMan in the last week, so I'll try and help if I can.

PS, I found it useful to enable screen sharing, so, if your keyboard and or mouse stops working from messing around with the USB ports, you could still control your hack from another mac.

Required files:

RehabMan's version of MaciASL - https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-...atic/downloads
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext - https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-...i-id/downloads
Kext Wizard - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...ller-and-more/
Clover Configurator - http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download/

You should be running the latest version of clover, at the time of writing that is 3280, and use the latest version of Clover Configurator.

Bios settings:

Reset your Bios to default settings set it up as below:

VT-d disabled
XHCI Mode Smart Auto
Intel Processor Graphic disabled
XHCI Hand-Off Enabled
EHCI Hand-Off Enabled
SATA Configuration AHCI

This fix consists of 2 parts, part 1 is a DSDT patch handled by clover, second part involves installing 2 kexts made by rehabman.

Part 1:
You will be patching your DSDT via clover, There are 2 ways to do this, manually or via clover configurator. The instructions below are for clover configurator.

If you do intend to do this manually you will need the patch for _OSI -> XOSI from the BRIX config.plist: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches, first entry).

Step 1:

First open clover configurator and mount your EFI partition, open your config.plist. Under the ACPI section you need to add a DSDT Patch.

1. click the little + icon on the right
2. for comment put change _OSI to XOSI
3. for find* [HEX] put 5F4F5349
4. for Replace* [HEX] put 584F5349

Whilst in clover…

In the ACPI / FIXES section untick ‘FIXUSB’
In the DEVICES / USB section untick ‘Inject’ ‘Add ClockID’ ‘FixOwnership’ and ‘HighCurrent’
In the Rt Variables section set your booterconfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x67

Save your config.plist and reboot your hack.

Step 2:

Open MaciASL and goto preferences / iASL and change the compiler options to ACPI 5.0, close the preferences and then select file - new.
Copy the below into the MaciASL window.
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("SSDT-XOSI.aml", "SSDT", 1, "hack", "hack", 0x00003000)
{
// All _OSI calls in DSDT are routed to XOSI...
// XOSI simulates "Windows 2012" (which is Windows 8)
// Note: According to ACPI spec, _OSI("Windows") must also return true
// Also, it should return true for all previous versions of Windows.
Method(XOSI, 1)
{
// simulation targets
// source: (google 'Microsoft Windows _OSI')
// http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...nACPI_OSI.docx
Name(WINV, Package()
{
"Windows", // generic Windows query
"Windows 2001", // Windows XP
"Windows 2001 SP2", // Windows XP SP2
"Windows 2006", // Windows Vista
"Windows 2006 SP1", // Windows Vista SP1
"Windows 2009", // Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
"Windows 2012", // Windows 8
})
Return (LNotEqual(Match(WINV, MEQ, Arg0, MTR, 0, 0), Ones))
}
}
//EOF
Save As SSDT-XOSI.aml, (as ACPI Machine Language Binary), place in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

Part 2:
Open up Kext wizard install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and reboot your hack, on one attempt here my keyboard and mouse stopped working straight away so i just reset using the reset button on the case.

Hopefully you will now have USB working correctly. Check by inserting a USB3 drive and open system report and see if it shows up under the USB3 bus, also check that USB2 devices function in the USB3 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back