Contribute
Register

USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports not working in GA-P55M-UD2 v1.0 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant multiple disks. Yosemite is installed in one disk and 10.11 is installed in another disk. In each disk I installed Clover in each EFI partition.

HI Rehabman. I checked and you were right. For some reason the config file being read when booting is the one in the Yosemite disk EFI partition. Even if I change the boot priority in the BIOS, it keeps doing that. Can I just format the Capitan disk EFI partition and reinstall Clover to fix this? Or do you think this should be solved differently? Is there a file in Capitan EFI partition that is telling to look for the Yosemite disk EFI partition config file to boot El Capitan?

HI Rehabman. I checked and you were right. For some reason the config file being read when booting is the one in the Yosemite disk EFI partition. Even if I change the boot priority in the BIOS, it keeps doing that. Can I just format the Capitan disk EFI partition and reinstall Clover to fix this? Or do you think this should be solved differently? Is there a file in Capitan EFI partition that is telling to look for the Yosemite disk EFI partition config file to boot El Capitan?

Edit the config.plist that *is* being used.

Do these patches work under Yosemite, not causing booting or USB issues on it?

I edited the config.plist file that was uploading when booting, entering the patches, and after booting successfully I accessed the ioregexplorer app to see ioreg and took a print screen which is attached. Let me know if the rename finally worked.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 4.09.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 4.09.40 PM.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 183
  • Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 4.18.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 4.18.59 PM.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 4.20.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 4.20.21 PM.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 126
I edited the config.plist file that was uploading when booting, entering the patches, and after booting successfully I accessed the ioregexplorer app to see ioreg and took a print screen which is attached. Let me know if the rename finally worked.

Yes, you can now see EH01/EH02 instead of EHC1/EHC2.

This disables any built-in port injectors that Apple provides since none of those injectors match only against EHC1/EHC2.

Thanks a lot for your guidance. Later on I'll try to learn more about the logic behind the HEX coding. About the USB3, I was wondering if I can edit an Apple kext in 10.11 to add support to my Renesas based expansion card.

Thanks a lot for your guidance. Later on I'll try to learn more about the logic behind the HEX coding.

It is ASCII. Note:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:~ RehabMan$ echo -n "EHC1 EH01"|xxd
0000000: 4548 4331 2045 4830 31                   EHC1 EH01

About the USB3, I was wondering if I can edit an Apple kext in 10.11 to add support to my Renesas based expansion card.

No solution for Renasas USB3 that I know of for 10.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back