Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 Fix

The ports in Hackintool look OK :thumbup:

XHC at the top of the controller list is fine too. :thumbup:

PR11 and PR21 are hubs on EH01 and EH02.

SS** ports look good too as your H81 chipset only features 2 :thumbup:

Sadly the IORegistryExplorer screengrab doesn't show us anything useful. You need to open the XHC section of the tree (about 3/4 of the way down) and also the EH01 and EH02 sections. But from experience of other set-ups like this I would expect the other PR** ports Hackintool is showing, to be hanging off those hubs. I don't think you should see more than 6x HS** ports which is the original 4x that Acer provides, plus two others from the SS ports (as they accept USB2 devices as well as USB3). That can depend on which kexts you have installed.

:)
I checked again and there seems to be no way to expand the IORegistryExplorer sections . . . what you see is all there is. Since so much has appeared to change compared to post # 27 I'm not sure which ports to delete . . . especially when none of them show up when I plug something in, except for SS01 and SS02. Frustrating.

I checked again and there seems to be no way to expand the IORegistryExplorer sections . . . what you see is all there is. Since so much has appeared to change compared to post # 27 I'm not sure which ports to delete . . . especially when none of them show up when I plug something in, except for SS01 and SS02. Frustrating.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't very clear - details of all your USB ports will be visible in IORegistryExplorer and they show up under the XHC and EH0* nodes. The section you posted a screengrab of is not the correct one. Do not select "IOUSB" from the upper-left menu. Leave it as "IOService". :)

Like this?
IORegistryExplorer - 11-24-2019 2am.png

Go to the top of the left panel and highlight Root. Then in the search field, top-right, input "XHC" and Enter.
best to not search for XHC, but rather scroll down on the left hand side to see all properties :)

best to not search for XHC, but rather scroll down on the left hand side to see all properties :)

Yes, I agree :thumbup: See post #53 where I suggest that.

However I think the gentleman may have been confused so I was trying an alternative. Next one will be search "EH" :)

Does this help?
IORegistryExplorer - 24 Nov 2019 - EH.png

IORegistryExplorer - 24 Nov 2019 7pm.png

Last edited:
Hi all,
I have problem with my USB port.
When I connect my SuperDrive device, OsX recognise that but show me error message: need more power.
How can I fix this?
I don't have make SSDT for USB, I have only apply patch for USB3 and port limit.

Hi all,
I have only apply patch for USB3 and port limit.
Probably your issue...

USB setup guide:

Make sure to use an appropriate SMBIOS for your hardware.

probably your issue...

usb setup guide:

make sure to use an appropriate SMBIOS for your hardware
Thank you!
I followed link and I modified my SSDT (new kext for USB), but my superdrive not work. Power issue is present
Schermata 2019-11-30 alle 22.05.46.png
Schermata 2019-11-30 alle 22.11.45.png

Back