Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 Fix

Good catch. I'll download that tonight and give it a try. Cheers!

Good catch. I'll download that tonight and give it a try. Cheers!

Remember you either use:

USBPorts.kext

OR

USBInjectAll.kext - with - SSDT-UIAC.aml (the second is a configuration file for the former).

... and for Catalina I'd recommend the kexts go in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Other files may be needed depending on motherboard, but the above are the two ways to configure your ports.

(P.S: Your "method 2" results show the port-limit removal patch is still in place and the configuration files did not work).

:)

Last edited:
Remember you either use:

(P.S: Your "method 2" results show the port-limit removal patch is still in place and the configuration files did not work).

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much. Should I not be using the port-limit patch(es)? Do I still need to rename EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02?

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much. Should I not be using the port-limit patch(es)? Do I still need to rename EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02?

I think the easiest way foreward is for you to just use Hackintool as per this guide from Step 3) onwards.

Yes, you use the port-limit removal patch until you have created a working USBPorts.kext, then you can remove or disable it.

Yes, you need the EHCI renames in place - EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02. This makes the controllers visible to macOS.

As a side note: Check which version of USBInjectAll.kext you are using. For system definitions up to iMac19,1 the original is okay. For the later iMac19,2 you need the newer, forked version by @Sniki.

So I followed your recommendations, and am left with this. . . I've attached the Clover Config ACPI/DSDT and Kernel Patch screens to see if that helps diagnose the problem
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.44.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.43.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.44.08 PM.png

So I followed your recommendations, and am left with this. . . I've attached the Clover Config ACPI/DSDT and Kernel Patch screens to see if that helps diagnose the problemView attachment 436154View attachment 436155View attachment 436156

Find a way to set XUSB2PR—xHC USB 2.0 Port Routing Register on the EHCI controllers, route all EHCI ports to the XHCI port. Rehabman had some instructions about this. And delete all USB port definitions from ACPI.
Let the generic port enumeration kick in.

Find a way to set XUSB2PR—xHC USB 2.0 Port Routing Register on the EHCI controllers, route all EHCI ports to the XHCI port. Rehabman had some instructions about this. And delete all USB port definitions from ACPI.
Let the generic port enumeration kick in.

What is XUSB2PR? I don't see that in my configs at all, or mentioned in any of the guides, including ones by Rehabman. Nor do I see any port definitions in ACPI. I must be blind.

Now I'm really confused. I started over using "The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration". Step 1 and 2 are pretty easy and self explanatory but on Step 3 I'm getting a different result than when I tried it as shown in this thread's post # 27. It no longer has any HPxx ports showing, just HSxx and PRxx and SSxx. Also, for whatever reason, the controller order in the "USB Controllers" section are re-ordered with XHC at the top. Previously it was listed last. Even more confusingly . . . the only ports that show activity are the SSxx ports, which show 5Gbps when a USB device is plugged in. All of the ports work with USB devices (eg. a new drive shows up on the desktop if I plug a USB drive into it), but they don't show up as recognized in Hackintool?

I've attached a screenshot of the new port list to compare to post # 27 to see if that helps, as well as the current output from IORegistryExplorer. If you need anything else just ask. Thanks.
IOUSB 23-11-2019 4pm.png
USB Ports 23-11-2019 4pm.png

Now I'm really confused. I started over using "The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration". Step 1 and 2 are pretty easy and self explanatory but on Step 3 I'm getting a different result than when I tried it as shown in this thread's post # 27. It no longer has any HPxx ports showing, just HSxx and PRxx and SSxx. Also, for whatever reason, the controller order in the "USB Controllers" section are re-ordered with XHC at the top. Previously it was listed last. Even more confusingly . . . the only ports that show activity are the SSxx ports, which show 5Gbps when a USB device is plugged in. All of the ports work with USB devices (eg. a new drive shows up on the desktop if I plug a USB drive into it), but they don't show up as recognized in Hackintool?

I've attached a screenshot of the new port list to compare to post # 27 to see if that helps, as well as the current output from IORegistryExplorer. If you need anything else just ask. Thanks.View attachment 437333View attachment 437334

The ports in Hackintool look OK :thumbup:

XHC at the top of the controller list is fine too. :thumbup:

PR11 and PR21 are hubs on EH01 and EH02.

SS** ports look good too as your H81 chipset only features 2 :thumbup:

Sadly the IORegistryExplorer screengrab doesn't show us anything useful. You need to open the XHC section of the tree (about 3/4 of the way down) and also the EH01 and EH02 sections. But from experience of other set-ups like this I would expect the other PR** ports Hackintool is showing, to be hanging off those hubs. I don't think you should see more than 6x HS** ports which is the original 4x that Acer provides, plus two others from the SS ports (as they accept USB2 devices as well as USB3). That can depend on which kexts you have installed.

Back