Graphics
-
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am no longer able to boot into Windows after installing a recent update for my Wacom tablet. Upon attempting to boot into Windows normally, it launches start up repair. None of the repair functions work. I've also tried repairing from the Windows installation disc, however, it says it is not compatible. As far as I know, it is not possible to boot in safe mode (pressing/mashing F8 has not worked). Googling the issues tells me to disable my second HDD, which I've tried to no avail. I've also tried following THIS which doesn't seem to help either...
My Mac OS is also suffering from issues as I cannot access it without going the -v -x route and entering in safe mode.
There must be a way around this. Help and suggestions are extremely appreciated as deadlines are coming up and I need to be able to continue my work. Thanks.

I am no longer able to boot into Windows after installing a recent update for my Wacom tablet. Upon attempting to boot into Windows normally, it launches start up repair. None of the repair functions work. I've also tried repairing from the Windows installation disc, however, it says it is not compatible. As far as I know, it is not possible to boot in safe mode (pressing/mashing F8 has not worked). Googling the issues tells me to disable my second HDD, which I've tried to no avail. I've also tried following THIS which doesn't seem to help either...
My Mac OS is also suffering from issues as I cannot access it without going the -v -x route and entering in safe mode.
There must be a way around this. Help and suggestions are extremely appreciated as deadlines are coming up and I need to be able to continue my work. Thanks.

Without knowing exactly what you did to break it, what the error messages are, I'm afraid I cannot offer much advice.

Seems like you would want to try:
- restore from a backup prior to the breaking change
- use system restore to roll back (you can access system restore from the Windows recovery environment; need your Windows install disk sometimes)
- perhaps contact a local expert who can help... these kind of things are difficult to do remotely

Without knowing exactly what you did to break it, what the error messages are, I'm afraid I cannot offer much advice.

Thanks for the response, but.. did.. you even.. read my post?

What broke it: Updating my Wacom drivers.
Error: Gets stuck on logo screen.

I have also tried all your suggestions, as pointing out in my original post. None of which work...

Thanks for the response, but.. did.. you even.. read my post?

Ummm... Yes, I did.

What broke it: Updating my Wacom drivers.

I realize that and read that in your original post. But what is the nature of these drivers? Where are they installed on the system? Have you tried removing them? Have you tried contacting Wacom?

I don't have a Wacom tablet so I'm not familiar with what their drivers install and where. That's for you to figure out. You can always remove the drive, place in a different computer, and remove the files for Wacom from there. It is an expert thing to do, so don't proceed that direction if you don't have the skills to pull it off.

Error: Gets stuck on logo screen.

You didn't mention that in your original post. Just that "it launches start up repair." But still, it points to a problem with drivers stopping Windows from loading properly. The only choice is to invoke safe mode and try to repair, or use your Windows installation disc/USB to get into System Restore (another thing mentioned in my response, that you did not mention trying, and perhaps still haven't tried).

If you're having trouble getting into the Windows Installer disc/USB, make sure you are using the same version as the one installed on your HDD. If you installed 64-bit Windows, use the 64-bit installer. If you installed 32-bit Windows use the 32-bit installer. 32-bit installer cannot work with 64-bit install of Windows and vice-versa...

I have also tried all your suggestions, as pointing out in my original post. None of which work...

I don't think you have. As you've made no mention of trying the Windows Installer to get into system recovery/System Restore.

You might consider referring to this article if you're having trouble entering safe mode. It involves using bcdedit to force safe mode: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/repair-recovery/a/force-or-stop-safe-mode-windows.htm.

Of course, there is always the possibility that you will be unsuccessful at recovering the proper operation of your computer depending on skills/tools available. In that case, you might need to make a backup of your files (if you don't have a backup already; sounds like it) and re-install from scratch.

My suggestion: Frustrated or not, don't attack people trying to help. Good day...

If nothing else works try this. Create something like a bootable linux usb stick. Use that to copy your howl windows partition to an external drive. Then try to reinstall windows and copy every file back. Good luck:)

i hope this works for ya first you need to go into your bios
now go to storage configuration configure sata as (IDE)

now go to onboard device configuration and set controller mode to (IDE)
now go to boot (hard disk drives) set your windows hard drive to #1

now go to (boot device priority) and make your windows drive first priority

now you can boot into your windows drive and restore to an earlier time after you have done that you must return to your bios and do everything you just did in reverse

good luck buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back