Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Hero IX
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
I never usually sign up for forums or make posts, but this is urgent! I’m in a bit of a panic here - I have an SSD (512GB) that has (or I guess had) Windows installed on it, and I created a separate partition for the Hackintosh (90GB) on the same drive.

Well when I formatted the Hackintosh partition, it unmounted itself and showed itself hasn’t having zero space. Okay.

So then I decided to restart my computer, go back into the BIOS, to fix the partition in Windows. Except the Windows Boot Manager had disappeared. It seems that I no longer have my Windows boot partition. Great... what can I do to fix this? And are my files okay? Is it only the boot manager that disappeared? I’m really lost - I basically can’t use my computer anymore and I need it for work.

From Disk Utility, it shows that Windows is still here?

I never usually sign up for forums or make posts, but this is urgent! I’m in a bit of a panic here - I have an SSD (512GB) that has (or I guess had) Windows installed on it, and I created a separate partition for the Hackintosh (90GB) on the same drive.

Well when I formatted the Hackintosh partition, it unmounted itself and showed itself hasn’t having zero space. Okay.

So then I decided to restart my computer, go back into the BIOS, to fix the partition in Windows. Except the Windows Boot Manager had disappeared. It seems that I no longer have my Windows boot partition. Great... what can I do to fix this? And are my files okay? Is it only the boot manager that disappeared? I’m really lost - I basically can’t use my computer anymore and I need it for work.

If you have a UniBeast or separate Clover USB try starting from that and select the Windows entry.

I had the same Problem yesterday and I tryed to Repair windows 10 with a USB, but well that Dosen't work.

If you have a UniBeast or separate Clover USB try starting from that and select the Windows entry.
Unfortunately I don't. Would creating one be the only solution to this issue (other than making a bootable Windows 10 USB drive)?

DELETED

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't. Would creating one be the only solution to this issue (other than making a bootable Windows 10 USB drive)?

If attempting to repair it with a Windows 10 drive doesn't work then you can download the Clover ISO from the Sourceforge page and extract it to a USB drive. For the config.plist you might need to see if you can use one from a guide. At the moment that's all I can suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back