Contribute
Register

Urgent help plz! Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 + USB 3.1 (USB-C) working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
UHD 630 / RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello,

I'm in a rush (cause of work) to make sure my USB-C port on my hackintosh actually does run at 10 Gb/s.

My setup:

OS X High Sierra 10.13.6
MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K

Now, all I did to get all my USB ports working is Select Drivers -> USB -> Remove XHCI USB Port Limit & USBInjectAll in Multibeast. So, I have the USBInjectAll.kext in my /Library/Extensions/ folder, and have the Remove XHCI USB Port Limit kext patch in my Clover configuration.

This seems to have made all my USB2 and USB3 port work, and I think, but not sure, my USB3.1 (USB-C) port working as well.

Now, from what I've read, it's not a good idea to use that method. Seems we're supposed to use this only temporarily ? One is supposed to create a custom SSDT (SSDT-UIAC.aml) file ? I've looked that up, but seems SOOO freakin complicated and time consuming... (why aren't these shared anyhow for each motherboard that need theses?)

The thing about my USB-C port, is that I didn't have anything to test with! I've just managed to get a LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C 5To disk

When I plug it into my USB-C port on the back panel, I'm able to mount and read it, HOWEVER, looking at my hardware info, it shoes up in my USB 3.1 bus, but with Speed "Up to 5 Gb/s" only! Shouldn't this up to 10 Gb/s ??

Have I setup my system correctly? Can I assume it "stable" also? Shouldn't the speed of my LaCie USB 3.1 be at "Up to 10Gb/s" ? How can I tell here ? Doing a small benchmark test, my speeds are the almost same whether it be connected on my USB-C port, or on a USB 3.0 port (using a USB-C to USB3.0 adapter).

I need to resolve this question quickly because I'll be using this computer in just a week from now and will need to attach a USB-C Raid array to my tower...

I know this is a lot of questions, I apologies and thank you all so much for your time!

Pat

Sorry for bumping this up, but no one has any idea out there ? Really need some help :)) Thanks a million !

p.s.: I've also just bough a GC-Alpine-Ridge TB3 card. If I plug the drive to that card instead, it still shows up in my USB 3.1 Bus, speed at 5Gb/s stilll... I dont understand....

I've also just noticed that the USB-C cable provided with the LaCie HD has a USB SS (10) symbol. See:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back