Gigabyte Z777x
CPU
i5
Graphics
HC4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
As I'm leaving america to UK, I want to get the components to build the mac. I had quick look in the forum related topics, but I couldn't figure out what will the best for me. I'll use it mainly for Photoshop/Aperture and a bit on Finalcut pro, I rarely play games.

It'll be great if you guys recommend me some set which could be available in Best-buy/Staples/Micro center

Here are my estimates:

Mother board: I prefer to buy GIGABYTE board (~180$)

CPU: i7 (~280$)

RAM: 8 GB

According to your recommendation I'll buy the rest GPU, SDD, PSU, CASE, CPU COOLER

Also I want to buy only the expensive items like Motherboard, CPU, RAM and I hope to buy rest of them in UK for the similar price.

sorry to mention that it's "urgent" but I'm flying on sunday. thanks a lot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
kuruvi said:
It'll be great if you guys recommend me some set which could be available in Best-buy/Staples/Micro center
Don't buy from any of those places, it's a giant rip off. Go for newegg or amazon.

Motherboard
Not mac yet :(
CPU
AMD Athalon x4
Graphics
AMD Radeo HD 4670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
heddhunter said:
kuruvi said:
Don't buy from any of those places, it's a giant rip off. Go for newegg or amazon.
Disagree, Microcenter has excellent prices.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z777x
CPU
i5
Graphics
HC4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I got to fly on this Sunday :cry: I didn't think of it for the last one year, but I want to buy them now though I have just a day left with.

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme s2011
CPU
Intel 3930k s2011
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you have a Fry's electronics close by? They match prices with online stores. Or look for a local custom PC shop and see if you can barter (research prices online first) for a package deal of parts.

There is a compatibility wiki here, and a custo build list that lists all of these parts out for you on the main site. Check it out! Good luck!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
chrizby2 said:
heddhunter said:
kuruvi said:
Disagree, Microcenter has excellent prices.
Oh, hm, you're right. I'd never heard of them actually. I just assumed since they were being lumped in with staples/bestbuy that it was more of the same.

Sorry about that.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z777x
CPU
i5
Graphics
HC4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I live in Boston, there's no Frys shop here. I'll search for alternative shop and compare prize, if you know anything plz let me know.

There is a compatibility wiki here, and a custo build list that lists all of these parts out for you on the main site. Check it out!

I couldn't find the wiki page, can you provide me the link. thanks all