Contribute
Register

*URGENT* DO NOT UPDATE the BIOS 3207 Original or Modified!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Who ever us ASUS P8P67, DO NOT UPDATE the Bios on the motherboard.
It will give you hell time!!! If you update then ur sound card will not work, SATA chipset will give u hard time (it laggs like crazy), and system is not stable at all!!
Also who ever running dual boot dont do it! window will not boot up with this bios.
Try to install windows, you cant do it b/c it will give you error message.
In the cmos, setting despairs from older bios. so much issue.....
If you updated it, good luck~~ I did and im getting replacement board from ASUS.

In my case there is no problem in Windows with BIOS 3207.

In Hackintosh, DSDT of BIOS 2xxx won't work anymore. And there isn't P8P67 specific DSDT patch script for 3207 yet.

FYI. You can NOT revert(downgrade) bios from 3xxx to 2xxx. There is no safe way to revert. Just google it and you will know what everyone suffer.

just buy a new bios chip , thats what i did !
gotta wait till monday :beachball:

How do you replace the bios chip?

Fortunately when I updated Asus P8P67 LE to 3206 modified rom I haven't experienced any problems as such. However I do think this particular mobo is the minority! Has anyone NOT experienced problems with this?

Edit, theroot what is your specific mobo?

there are some specific sellers google biosflash , that sell and program almost all bios chips wit the rom u want ;)

theroot said:
In my case there is no problem in Windows with BIOS 3207.

In Hackintosh, DSDT of BIOS 2xxx won't work anymore. And there isn't P8P67 specific DSDT patch script for 3207 yet.

FYI. You can NOT revert(downgrade) bios from 3xxx to 2xxx. There is no safe way to revert. Just google it and you will know what everyone suffer.

Disagreed. I updated to 3301 and reverted my BIOS to a 2303 modified version.
Just download AMI Aptio (AFUDE238), use it under DOS mode, copy your desired ROM into the DOS, and run it.

Or, refer to
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id= ... uage=en-us
for a simpler solution.

erstwhile said:
Just download AMI Aptio (AFUDE238), use it under DOS mode, copy your desired ROM into the DOS, and run it.

Or, refer to
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id= ... uage=en-us
for a simpler solution.

I saw the method. Everyone who wants to downgrade would see it.

Somebody wrote about the problem. Find apprentice's last reply.
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=58848

I'm using Core i5 2500K on P8P67 and I don't want to take any risk. So I won't revert my BIOS.

Thank ASUS. :(

There is another way to revert BIOS from 3K to 2K without suspicious AMI tool.

Sagerian guided me how to do it with caution using LinuxMint distro.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59074&start=136

Two softwares are needed:
1) Linux Mint - http://www.linuxmint.com
2) flashrom - http://www.flashrom.org

You don't need to download 'flashrom' util manually from the website.
You can install 'flashrom' using 'apt-get' command in LinuxMint. See above link.

In my case, DOS version of flashrom doesn't recognize my chipset and rom. I don't know why. So I used the LinuxMint with flashrom and reverted BIOS successfully.

I downloaded ROM file on Windows, and rebooted with Linux, and flashed it. One can suffer from locating where is downloaded BIOS(ROM) file on the disk. It's complicated to mount disks and point the file on linux.

The simple way, you have Mozilla on the GUI desktop and you can download ROM file from ASUS website. Download it to the any folder you want and then use 'flashrom' utility. No mounting disks mess.

You are correct, thanks for the idea x] The fastest and easiest way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back