Contribute
Register

Urgent: clover wont boot after a year of working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asrock z77 extreme4
CPU
Graphics
660 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Help. Running i3570k, asrock extreme4 z77, 32gb ram and probably a 680gtx..

Samsung evo 128gb ssd, 2x 2TB WD black RAID0 (OS raid), some other internal hdds.

At first i needed a usb stick to boot, after few months my pc was booting fine just with ssd alone.

I did put my pc to sleep most of the time, this friday i did shut it down. And it wont load clover 3333, name flashes for a second and it goes back to POST.

My ass is in grass, can't boot to OS rescure raid0 data, can't eject raid drives w/o spending time on fixing the problem either.

Will new hackintosh detect raid0?

How can i fix my boot issue?

Samsung evo 128gb ssd, 2x 2TB WD black RAID0 (OS raid), some other internal hdds.

At first i needed a usb stick to boot, after few months my pc was booting fine just with ssd alone.

I did put my pc to sleep most of the time, this friday i did shut it down. And it wont load clover 3333, name flashes for a second and it goes back to POST.

My ass is in grass, can't boot to OS rescure raid0 data, can't eject raid drives w/o spending time on fixing the problem either.

Attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes ZIP attach. Note always keep Clover updated.

Attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes ZIP attach. Note always keep Clover updated.
I am sorry, my english might be not that advanced. That is within bootable usb?
Can i do this procedure with an windows mashine?

Also, when booting from usb, i do get a freeze on welcome to clover screen with artifacts on the screen (pic).

Attachments

• 20161219_095409.jpg
    20161219_095409.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 92
update. If I do disconnect all but OS hard drives, POST goes well and I finally reach Clover. However once I go past clover, it stays black screen. OS issues?

Can i save my RAID0 by disconnecting drives and connecting them to MacBook using a double USB HDD dock?

I am sorry, my english might be not that advanced. That is within bootable usb?
Can i do this procedure with an windows mashine?

Also, when booting from usb, i do get a freeze on welcome to clover screen with artifacts on the screen (pic).

Not sure what you mean by Can i do this procedure with an windows mashine. Recommend reinstalling to save time.

Update. For some unknown reason, OS booted. Only OS SSD was pluged in. I hotswaped (pluged in sata cables) both raid0 hdds and OS found the raid.

So i rebooted the system again with raid0 drives connected, clover crashes.

Should be issue of clover/bios if it has reseted.

Last edited:
Update. For some unknown reason, OS booted. Only OS SSD was pluged in. I hotswaped (pluged in sata cables) both raid0 hdds and OS found the raid.

So i rebooted the system again with raid0 drives connected, clover crashes.

Should be issue of clover/bios if it has reseted.
I'm having the same exact problem, did you manage to fix this without formatting the RAID? (It's working perfect if plugged in after boot)

I experienced this too. The other's are right, it's because of your software RAID. You CAN save the info on your raid, just follow my guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-of-software-raid.176173/page-7#post-1290234

This is the thread that @BreBo posted, but this exact post sums up the thread. Special thanks to @benjackson for solving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back