Motherboard
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
CPU
i5-3330
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Quick question, I have 10.9 and Windows 7 installed on my computer at the moment, and it's about a 50/50 partition. Windows 10 is a free update that comes out on the 29th and I was hoping to install it but I don't know if it will mess up or screw up my Dual Boot system, or my Mac 10.9, or just keep everything the same.

I want to know the same. I am also dualbooting windows 7 and OSX (although Yosemite) on the same drive and wanted to find out if I can update windows 7, but the only thing I find on the internet is that you have to unplug your OSX drive if you upgrade windows, but I found nothing about how (or if) it works if you have both systems on the same drive.

Quick question, I have 10.9 and Windows 7 installed on my computer at the moment, and it's about a 50/50 partition. Windows 10 is a free update that comes out on the 29th and I was hoping to install it but I don't know if it will mess up or screw up my Dual Boot system, or my Mac 10.9, or just keep everything the same.

What boot loader? Chimera or Clover?

If you go with the Update center upgrade in place over Win7 there should not be a problem. Only problem if you elect a clean install. One downside to update in place is you need some extra disk space for a recovery partition - this partition allows you to roll back to Win7 if you decide you do not like Win10. Advantage is that you can roll back to Win7 if you want.

What boot loader? Chimera or Clover?

If you go with the Update center upgrade in place over Win7 there should not be a problem. Only problem if you elect a clean install. One downside to update in place is you need some extra disk space for a recovery partition - this partition allows you to roll back to Win7 if you decide you do not like Win10. Advantage is that you can roll back to Win7 if you want.

So if I upgrade Windows 8.1 to 10 from Windows Update, it won't affect my Yosemite? I use UEFI on both Windows and OS X (Clover). My Windows and OS X are on differnt drives.

Thanks in advance!

If you have your systems on seperate drives, unplug the OSX drive when updating windows. You are on the safer site with that.

Are you already doing the update? If yes, I'd love to get an update from you, as I'm in the same situation but only heard updates from people who run their systems on different drives.

Alright, I just updated to Windows 10 and everything worked perfectly. Didn't even have to reinstall the bootloader.

Alright, I just updated to Windows 10 and everything worked perfectly. Didn't even have to reinstall the bootloader.

Interesting. I just tried to do the same and my install failed on the first reboot during the win 10 install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back