GTX780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
in hackintoshes it's never normal special measures should be taken, what's your advices to have Safe update/Upgrade for me ?
and since windows 10 reservation is here will we have safe upgrade? any problems with bootloader expected? for those who had win 8 to win 8.1 Upgrade
What should i do to have safe Upgrade into win 10 and future osx upgrades ?
FYI : i still didnt do any Updates on OSX i'm still on 10.10 waiting for answers on this post about best measures to have safe update cuz now i have important data on my HardDrive and i'm not ready to lose any
Note: The Update/Upgrade process is done in a single drive wich means both OSes are installed on the same HardDrive
Redha.

Hello
in hackintoshes it's never normal special measures should be taken, what's your advices to have Safe update/Upgrade for me ?
and since windows 10 reservation is here will we have safe upgrade? any problems with bootloader expected? for those who had win 8 to win 8.1 Upgrade
What should i do to have safe Upgrade into win 10 and future osx upgrades ?
FYI : i still didnt do any Updates on OSX i'm still on 10.10 waiting for answers on this post about best measures to have safe update cuz now i have important data on my HardDrive and i'm not ready to lose any
Redha.

I can share my personal approach to the above question the way I have been doing. Before going into the details, let me remind you that updating your Profile clicking Profile menu displayed at the top Right side of this page and editing System: [ here specify the Make and Model of the Motherboard of your current desktop computer with Yosemite OS] and rest of hardware at the appropriate blocks ensures readers easily finding the hardware SPECS of your system through out the thread however long the the thread runs without the need to scroll back to your first post.

In my Multi-boot system of Several hackintoshes, Linux Systems and Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10. Pro Insider Preview, I use Separate SATA hard disks one for each to avoid losing multiple systems from update /upgrade mishaps in any of the other OSes or HDD failure.

I backup important personal data on to multiple External USB HDDs , High capacity Flash drives etc.for safe keeping

I also backup my Hackintoshes to External HDDs.

I have multiple USB Installers of each of my Hackintosh systems for a fresh start if needed.
I keep copies of Extensions folders, org.Chameleon.Boot.plist files of my optimized systems in HFS+ formatted High capacity FDs.

There may be better ways of accomplishing this and others may be able to share their approach for you to choose what suits you.

I admire your watchful waiting approach rather than impulsive updates and upgrades.
Good luck

I can share my personal approach to the above question the way I have been doing. Before going into the details, let me remind you that updating your Profile clicking Profile menu displayed at the top Right side of this page and editing System: [ here specify the Make and Model of the Motherboard of your current desktop computer with Yosemite OS] and rest of hardware at the appropriate blocks ensures readers easily finding the hardware SPECS of your system through out the thread however long the the thread runs without the need to scroll back to your first post.

Done
In my Multi-boot system of Several hackintoshes, Linux Systems and Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10. Pro Insider Preview, I use Separate SATA hard disks one for each to avoid losing multiple systems from update /upgrade mishaps in any of the other OSes or HDD failure.

I backup important personal data on to multiple External USB HDDs , High capacity Flash drives etc.for safe keeping

I also backup my Hackintoshes to External HDDs.

I have multiple USB Installers of each of my Hackintosh systems for a fresh start if needed.
I keep copies of Extensions folders, org.Chameleon.Boot.plist files of my optimized systems in HFS+ formatted High capacity FDs.

There may be better ways of accomplishing this and others may be able to share their approach for you to choose what suits you.

I admire your watchful waiting approach rather than impulsive updates and upgrades.
Good luck
well your case isnt that hard after all since u have plenty of harddrives around and USBs wich is great but my case The Update/Upgrade process is done in a single drive wich means both OSes are installed on the same HardDrive wich is more difficult to ensure and manage data in i may buy HDs later but for now that's what i have :) Thnx for your reply with ur hackintoshes experince

any other suggestions?

Well I might point out that what you are doing is not recommended. You are asking for problems with one drive with multiple OS's. This is your problem and you should address it before you have hardware issues.

Good modding,
neil

Well I might point out that what you are doing is not recommended. You are asking for problems with one drive with multiple OS's. This is your problem and you should address it before you have hardware issues.

Good modding,
neil
What issues i could have data lose ? or hardware damage ? what do you mean.
cuz i dont think so i manage my data very well and there is plenty of useful guides here and out-there so why not ?
btw i know that it's more recommended to have multiple hard-drives but for now thats what i have i may get one as soon as i find new one

What issues i could have data lose ? or hardware damage ? what do you mean.
cuz i dont think so i manage my data very well and there is plenty of useful guides here and out-there so why not ?
btw i know that it's more recommended to have multiple hard-drives but for now thats what i have i may get one as soon as i find new one

It is perfectly fine to have your dual boot on one drive as long as you maintain bootable backups of your systems and data.

If this is not the case, you are an accident looking for a place to happen.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back