CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I've got a good build running with a Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, i5 3.6GHz, 16GB Ram with Mavericks 10.9.5.
I have two HDDs, one with OS X and the other Windows 7 and dual boot reasonably easily by swapping the boot order.

Anyway, I'm doing some 3D work with the DK2 and have a new Gigabyte R9 290X graphics card (previously onboard Intel).
From what I've read I need to upgrade to Yosemite with Clover to run the 290X.

As I installed Mavericks with UniBeast and MultiBeast could someone point me in the right direction to upgrade to Yosemite with the R290X support?

If I need to wipe and start again so be it, but intrigued to know if there's a reasonably easy way to upgrade...?

Hi, I've got a good build running with a Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, i5 3.6GHz, 16GB Ram with Mavericks 10.9.5.
I have two HDDs, one with OS X and the other Windows 7 and dual boot reasonably easily by swapping the boot order.

Anyway, I'm doing some 3D work with the DK2 and have a new Gigabyte R9 290X graphics card (previously onboard Intel).
From what I've read I need to upgrade to Yosemite with Clover to run the 290X.

As I installed Mavericks with UniBeast and MultiBeast could someone point me in the right direction to upgrade to Yosemite with the R290X support?

If I need to wipe and start again so be it, but intrigued to know if there's a reasonably easy way to upgrade...?
download Yosemite install app from the MAS
create a USB installer, either UniBeast or Clover
Boot the installer, and follow http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html except you skip step 6 and do not format your drive - just select your existing install. Yosemite will install over your Mavericks without touching your settings or files.

EDIT: DO backup before upgrading, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back