Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Upgrading to Catalina, lost my wifi any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so the way i originally solved it was i removed any kext for wifi including brcmfixup. That initially didnt work but when i reinstalled catalina without those kexts i got wifi working straight away during the setup the wifi icon appeared.
I updated to 10.15.2, updated actual clover not just the configurator lmfao and then number zero's method worked for me. So if anyone else is having this problem, just update your clover build to 5100 and number.zero's method should work.

I updated to 10.15.2, updated actual clover not just the configurator lmfao and then number zero's method worked for me. So if anyone else is having this problem, just update your clover build to 5100 and number.zero's method should work.
Glad to know it helped. :)

This is an older thread and apologies if the solution is elsewhere on the forums but I thought this may help people who run across the same problem.

Number.Zero's suggestions caused a boot fail and the upgrade to 10.15.6 failed to solve the problem.

It appears that Apple stopped supporting the Broadcom Bcm4322 controller in Catalina causing WiFi not to work. The solution though turns out to be very simple.....

Remove the following kexts from S/L/E "IO80211Family.kext" and "IO80211FamilyV2.kext" and replace with the same kexts from Mojave or earlier. I found the easiest way was to boot into the previous Mojave installation on the same computer allowing access to the Catalina drive. Delete the kexts, replace with the older kexts and rebuild (I use Hackintool to rebuild the cache and repair permissions). Reboot, job done!

Last edited:
Remove the following kexts from S/L/E "IO80211Family.kext" and "IO80211FamilyV2.kext" and replace with the same kexts from Mojave or earlier. I found the easiest way was to boot into the previous Mojave installation on the same computer allowing access to the Catalina drive. Delete the kexts, replace with the older kexts and rebuild (I use Hackintool to rebuild the cache and repair permissions). Reboot, job done!

When I try that Hackintool gives me an error about not being able to recreate the kextcache because the kexts from Mojave don't have the right permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back