Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Upgrading to Catalina, lost my wifi any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97-G55
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi ,so my first hackintosh was with Mojave, when my Macbook pro retina late 2012 finally gave out, i took out the wifi/bluetooth chip bought the adaptor and installed it into my motherboard.

Both Wifi and bluetooth working right away no kexts or anything else needed since it is a authentic native chip.

I upgraded to Catalina everythings working except my WIFI. Bluetooth is working fine.

When i go to System report this is what i see.
View attachment 430045
View attachment 430044
Any suggestions as to why an authentic chip wouldnt work when upgrading ?

Last edited:
Hi ,so my first hackintosh was with Mojave, when my Macbook pro retina late 2012 finally gave out, i took out the wifi/bluetooth chip bought the adaptor and installed it into my motherboard.

Both Wifi and bluetooth working right away no kexts or anything else needed since it is a authentic native chip.

I upgraded to Catalina everythings working except my WIFI. Bluetooth is working fine.

When i go to System report this is what i see.
View attachment 430045
View attachment 430044
Any suggestions as to why an authentic chip wouldnt work when upgrading ?
How you solved? I have same problem.

So for me, since i have an authentic chip, i deleted a few kexts i didnt need. I removed any bcrmkext or aetherous(wifi/internet)kexts. Only kept the 4(mentioned above) that i needed and made a fresh install

edit:because i was using an actual apple chip that i took from my dead laptop it didnt make sense that the operating system wouldnt recognize it. Therefore any kexts to fix wifi did not make sense. so i got rid of all of them. But that wasnt enough, a fresh install was needed as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back