Contribute
Register

Upgrading SL to ML - Installer will not start booting from xmove partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro > Need model, size and model number > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
ATI > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade from 10.6.7 to 10.8.2 using xmove, but I cannot start the ML installer.

I've done all the initial bits; upgrade to 10.6.8, run the ML app, create a new partition, run xmove to copy files to the new partition (which i've called 'Installer') and then restart.

When choosing the partition from which to boot, I select the 'Installer' partition and when I press Enter, three or four lines of text quickly flash on the screen, before I am again returned to the boot menu. I've tried various flags, but it always quits before even starting to load the installer. It does not crash - it just behaves as if it is an empty option and the partition does not have the installation files on it.

Anybody have any suggestions???

Many thanks in advance.

Best
Aleks

Maybe, something similar, but not quite the same. I am trying it with xmove though and I do not get the Apple screen at all - just a few lines of text and the machine does not really restart - it goes straight back to the bootloader menu...

Upgrading Lion to ML - I can't find xMove file in Tony's website...

I can't find xMove in the download section. Can somebody tell where to get it from please? I want to update from Lion to ML...

Tony Help....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back