Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-A USB 3.1
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
RX 580
I have the option of upgrading the setup in my signature to a ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1 and an i7 7700. I was planning on removing the patched files from acpi/clover folder and creating new ones according to the new motherboard and cpu and making changes to the audio and network layout accordingly. Since the new hardware is intended for Sierra and above are there any things I should consider or be aware of?

I have the option of upgrading the setup in my signature to a ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1 and an i7 7700. I was planning on removing the patched files from acpi/clover folder and creating new ones according to the new motherboard and cpu and making changes to the audio and network layout accordingly. Since the new hardware is intended for Sierra and above are there any things I should consider or be aware of?
I think I would make a clean install, I think this is a little bit easier, but backup your data first.

EDIT: But please update your personal details and fill in your hardware to get better support.

You want to use Kaby Lake hardware under El Capitan, and you are fully aware that it is intended for Sierra and later. Correct?

If so, you will probably need to use FakeCPUID, to fake the CPU as a Skylake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back