Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well, I have a Macpro 5,1 running Yosemite and currently there's a Readeon graphics card in it.

Since the main purpose of this computer will be rendering with Octane Renderer I need to change the vidcard to a Nvidia CUDA one.

Have REALLY tried to find if anyone here runs a GTX Titan on Yosemite but have not found any information about this. My plan is to keep the Radeon card as my screen card and use the Titan for rendering only. I guess i have to power it separately with a extra PSU.

I've noticed many of you use GTX 780 cards. But the 6GB-ones are very hard to come by.

Well, I have a Macpro 5,1 running Yosemite and currently there's a Readeon graphics card in it.

Since the main purpose of this computer will be rendering with Octane Renderer I need to change the vidcard to a Nvidia CUDA one.

Have REALLY tried to find if anyone here runs a GTX Titan on Yosemite but have not found any information about this. My plan is to keep the Radeon card as my screen card and use the Titan for rendering only. I guess i have to power it separately with a extra PSU.

I've noticed many of you use GTX 780 cards. But the 6GB-ones are very hard to come by.
Try http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GTX980-4GD5-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00NJ9BJQ8/ with the nVidia drivers.

Not too keen on "trying" without knowing. Hmm...
Anyone here know if the 980 works fine on Yosemite?

Have you tried search? There is also a thread on the GTX 970/980 in this Buying Advice forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back