Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
maly70 said:
tegezee said:
mortelpoison said:
hi all

i just finish to build this screen in my probook and it works on the first boot woow amazing BUT i have a BIG PROBLEM

look my picture, i have a vertical white stripe on the left wtf :x

this screen have a problem?

So this is a newer 4530s? And you got it working? Everyone is saying it won't work on mine because it's a newer 4530s i3 A7K05UT. Does anyone have this model working? In theory it should work with the right cable. Can someone please help with this, I'm so ready to ditch this terrible screen..
Hi mates,
I discovered that the cable part # 646274-001 is for 4730s model, but in fact we need the 646273-001 HD+ for 4530s model it works with newer model.
Just call HP and check it out with them they are the best to tell you which to use
My pc is at HP for service, I might get it back next week.
Good luck

they are identical while huge difference in price xxx273 cost about $50
but I may be wrong

hey mates, read first couple pages. people spent small fortunes buying and testing all cables. thank you user masso and liposuction for pictures.

Little success here :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Installed 10.7.0 via a new USB flash, Lexar 8Gb and it's running beautifully :thumbup:
Used the latest DSDT from this thread, placed it in the root of the USB drive and the installer ran @ 1080p :D
Installed, the screen got all fuzzy after reboot, but then I ran the Probook installer, placed the DSDT in Extra and after restart - booted right up, the v4 screen is AWESOME compared to the crappy stock screen. So I can officially confirm that the A7K05UT is WORKING with the AUO V4 screen and the result it pretty awesome :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Now I'm afraid to run the 10.7.3 combo :silent:

P.S. 10.7.3 ran and updated, still works!!! Can't believe my eyes :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumb up:
Time for an i7 upgrade :D

Nice mate! :D

Congrats! :clap:

Could you please give me more info about your config? BIOS version, where you bought the cable and which DSDT it exactly was?

Chipsybg said:
Little success here :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Installed 10.7.0 via a new USB flash, Lexar 8Gb and it's running beautifully :thumbup:
Used the latest DSDT from this thread, placed it in the root of the USB drive and the installer ran @ 1080p :D
Installed, the screen got all fuzzy after reboot, but then I ran the Probook installer, placed the DSDT in Extra and after restart - booted right up, the v4 screen is AWESOME compared to the crappy stock screen. So I can officially confirm that the A7K05UT is WORKING with the AUO V4 screen and the result it pretty awesome :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Now I'm afraid to run the 10.7.3 combo :silent:

P.S. 10.7.3 ran and updated, still works!!! Can't believe my eyes :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumb up:
Time for an i7 upgrade :D

Glad you toughed it out and got it working! Nice Job!

hello Hackintoshing community, I've been reading for about three weeks now and this will be my first post. In these last couple days I've created a fully functional Probook 4530S Hackintosh upgraded with a 1080P screen using the Dual Patch fix. My machine is the XU069UT model i3 processor. I've spent so far 630.00$ CAD for the Probook, 1080P Screen and replacement HD cable and I must say it works and looks absolutely stunning. Some tips for anyone that wants to attempt this upgrade is to be mindful of the bezel around the screen as it will take some force to remove and it is very delicate (take your time). also be careful to test the rubber covers on the machine because they're not always the most obvious looking thing and you can scratch your laptop very easily. Last but not least, if you choose to remove the hinge covers be gentle because they can bend and dent.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP TONYMAC AND FRIENDS

if any one has questions or lives in the Toronto area and wants to see drop me a line

Cheers

Likemike said:

Could you please give me more info about your config? BIOS version, where you bought the cable and which DSDT it exactly was?

The config is i3 2.3, 500Gb HDD and 8 Gb RAM, maybe soon 16 :)
Bought the cable from Alinc, it's the 4530s HD+ $55 cable, part # 646273-001, after the 4730s cable did not work for me. The DSDT is not 100% functional since sleep is not working, as usual, for me. It never did either.

Chipsybg said:
Likemike said:

The config is i3 2.3, 500Gb HDD and 8 Gb RAM, maybe soon 16 :)
Bought the cable from Alinc, it's the 4530s HD+ $55 cable, part # 646273-001, after the 4730s cable did not work for me. The DSDT is not 100% functional since sleep is not working, as usual, for me. It never did either.

Please tell me the BIOS version also. :)

kyron said:
hello Hackintoshing community, I've been reading for about three weeks now and this will be my first post. In these last couple days I've created a fully functional Probook 4530S Hackintosh upgraded with a 1080P screen using the Dual Patch fix. My machine is the XU069UT model i3 processor. I've spent so far 630.00$ CAD for the Probook, 1080P Screen and replacement HD cable and I must say it works and looks absolutely stunning. Some tips for anyone that wants to attempt this upgrade is to be mindful of the bezel around the screen as it will take some force to remove and it is very delicate (take your time). also be careful to test the rubber covers on the machine because they're not always the most obvious looking thing and you can scratch your laptop very easily. Last but not least, if you choose to remove the hinge covers be gentle because they can bend and dent.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP TONYMAC AND FRIENDS

if any one has questions or lives in the Toronto area and wants to see drop me a line

Cheers

Nice work!

kyron could you please tell me:
- BIOS version
- exact screen model
- part number of the cable you used and where you bought it

Thx in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back