Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
why make so complicated, I always take the HP Probook Installer 3.3.0 and chose DSDT 4730s even if you have a 4530s, the 4730s has a 17" LCD and dual link build-in. That's all. At least for i7 and i5, don't know why i3 is not listed in the Installer

Attachments

• 4730.jpg
    4730.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 192
hi all
i just finish to read the latest messages. :eek:
This morning i ordered my 1080p screen from laptopscreen, the B156HW01 V4 :lol:

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/B156HW01 V.4/

i have already buy the HD Cable from Hp part 646274-001.

I think i have the new version of Probook 4530s LW863EA Core i5-2430M - 4.Go - 500.Go AMD Radeon HD6490M 1.Go + Intel HD3000

I hope everything will be fine :oops:

GregCH said:
cause installer needs patched dsdt, use one I made for you viewtopic.php?p=384257#p384257

No go, KP right away. Something is wrong with my laptop. I need to run it over with my car to make me feel better. NOTHING works. Even Unibeast 1.1 and 1.3 won't create another image on my USB drive, now I can't even create new USB after I formatted mine. I can't find Unibeast 1.2 anywhere, it used to work.
It's super weird since Windows installs without an issues :banghead: :thumbdown: :crazy: :(

Chipsybg said:
No go, KP right away. Something is wrong with my laptop. I need to run it over with my car to make me feel better. NOTHING works. Even Unibeast 1.1 and 1.3 won't create another image on my USB drive, now I can't even create new USB after I formatted mine. I can't find Unibeast 1.2 anywhere, it used to work.
1.) google for UniBeast-1.2.0.zip.
2.) keep the dsdt on USB drive
3.) stay away from 10.7.4 or get SSDT

I found out what the problem with UniBeast was. It won't work under 10.7.4. No way I could make it work. Good thing is that I have a server in the garage running 10.7.2 so I managed to create a bootable USB and actually installed Lion today :mrgreen:
I will keep you updated if I managed to make it run, but the installer ran nice @ 1080p so I figure it might actually work. I'm installing 10.7.3 combo now using the laptop HDD as an external drive to my desktop. Will install the ProBook installer and the DSDT Greg provided, I managed to install Lion using it so I assume it works.

P.S. Nope, no go. Don't know what to do anymore :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Here

Attachments

• IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 227
Double post, sorry

Chipsybg said:
that picture like Extra folder is missing, can't find info, no boot, KP
what OS is on your bootable USB? 10.7.2? did you run blueking's Installer 3.3.0 before reboot? don't run 10.7.3 combo update at the same time. make 10.7.2 work first. small steps are better.
ps. edit
kernel 11.3.0 is for 10.7.3 .after combo update but before reboot run blueking's Installer 3.3.0 to escape KP, don't choose dsdt, keep the one you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back