Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
waqarhassanpk said:
It would be an honor for me if someone explains me (us) the following thing.
I want to know if it is possible to upgrade to any laptop screen as long as it is having
-40 pin connector
-connector is placed on left side
-it is LED backlight
-dimension is 15.4

Or you just have to choose from the three screens that are mentioned in the previous posts.
The reason i am asking this is because most of the sellers (ie laptop screen) are not shipping laptop screens to Pakistan (my country) and i am only left with one option and that is to go to the local market in my country and try to find the best possible match.

Bump......

Likemike said:
Has anyone got a link to 2 video which describes the cable replacement routine?

You don't need video.
Unscrew all the bolts from the bottom. Flip and pry out the keyboard. Unscrew the 5-6 bolts there and you have the bottom part open.
The pry out the screen bezel after unscrewing the 2 bolts at the bottom. The you gotta pry out the 2 hinge covers and you can remove the screen from the hinges.
Hope you don't have my issues after that. I can't boot in OSX nor boot the installer. So frustrated right now.

maly70 said:
I have same laptop as yours, Probook 4530s 2330 i3 cpu and never had your issue.
What dsdt.aml you have?
what is the bios version in your pc?
You need to get the same bios version dsdt.aml Patched for 1080p screen, you can get it if it is F09, F0A, F20 @ page 5 or 6 i think that BlueKing provided.
Hope the cable i ordered from HP 646274-001 part # works with the 1080p screen that I'm receiving today. [did you tried new screen in windows???]
Good Luck

Oh, everything was fine and dandy before the screen upgrade, besides the jerky touchpad and sleep issues. I have BIOS F.20 and patched DSDT for BIOS F.20. I tried the new screen in Windows and it's awesome, but haven't seen it in OSX yet after a sleepless night. I hate having to use Windows and that's not going to work for me. The only thing that saves the laptop for now it's my laziness to put the old screen back and return it.

Chipsybg said:
Can anyone patch a DSDT for me? This is the one that was working before:

no other changes. only duallink patch added for you.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    47.8 KB · Views: 84
John V said:

Yes, I tried this and the 4730s. No go with either.

@GregCH Thank you, I'll try it once I manage to boot the installer. I wiped the drive and seems like I'll have to install clean Lion on my desktop and then move the HDD to my laptop, I can't boot the installer with the 4530s.

John V said:

Yes, I tried this and the 4730s. No go with either.

@GregCH Thank you, I'll try it once I manage to boot the installer. I wiped the drive and seems like I'll have to install clean Lion on my desktop and then move the HDD to my laptop, I can't boot the installer with the 4530s.
The screen looks AWESOME in Windows though. Another problem I have is that the BIOS tells me that I have an incompatible Main Board after the screen update :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Makes me wanna throw it away from a very high place and film the landing so I can watch it over and over. Yes, I hate the 4530s that much o_O

So i am assuming that those of you who have hands on the newer version of probook are rather in pain because the workarounds and the manipulations that were compatible with the older versions of 4530s are somehow incompatible with the current "newer" version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back