Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by saying " What happens"?

When I say "what happens," I mean the following:

1. I would like to see how big the icons are in both windows and mac compared to the standard screen.

2. I would like to see if there are anythings out of the normal that might persuade me not to buy.

I would like to see what people's setups look like so that I can make my decision to stick with the stock screen or go to 1600x900 or go to 1080p.

The more pictures the merrier.

yeah! I'm now in the "1080p club" as well :D :headbang: thx to all guys for your research including the matching dsdt.aml

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-20 um 15.25.31.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-20 um 15.25.31.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 248
herredgar said:
yeah! I'm now in the "1080p club" as well :D :headbang: thx to all guys for your research including the matching dsdt.aml

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Inmike09 said:
When I say "what happens," I mean the following:

1. I would like to see how big the icons are in both windows and mac compared to the standard screen.

2. I would like to see if there are anythings out of the normal that might persuade me not to buy.

I would like to see what people's setups look like so that I can make my decision to stick with the stock screen or go to 1600x900 or go to 1080p.

The more pictures the merrier.
I do not know if you can "see" something via the pictures and get an idea.
To me, the only thing was bother me, was the menubar font size but I get used to it right now.
All the other are adjustable (Finder, Safari, Mail) for the size and the font. A lot of apps has preferences for zooming or font size, but also it depends of what app you are using.

Thanks guys for all the awesome input. So then I have a question about the specific order list I should get and where.

I have the 4530s w/ only Intel HD 3000 graphics. If I want to upgrade to the 1080p screen, what DSDT do I need, what screen should I get, and what cord do I need to buy? Am I missing anything else?

Thanks in advance!

A couple pages back lipo describes what is need it and the part number for the cable, to another user. Search for it.
Also about DSDT do a search in this topic too They are posted and are different for various Bios versions.

I just completed the upgrade (big thanks everyone, especially Lipo).

Inmike09 said:
I have the 4530s w/ only Intel HD 3000 graphics. If I want to upgrade to the 1080p screen, what DSDT do I need, what screen should I get, and what cord do I need to buy? Am I missing anything else?
Download the Installer files for manual install.zip from viewtopic.php?p=261987#p261987 and copy the correct DSDT from the 4430s 4530s no card dual link directory in that zip archive.

xcell said:
I just completed the upgrade (big thanks everyone, especially Lipo).

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back