Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,

I have a couple-years-old CustoMac Pro with a Core i7-930 running on a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board that has been great for me. However, seems like a good time to upgrade given that I'm starting to do a lot more video editing.

I'd like to reuse some 24gb of this that I bought recently:

Corsair Vengeance 24GB (6x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9)

So I'm thinking I can just upgrade mobo, cpu and video card.

the twist here is that I'd love to not have a full ATX setup. If I could downsize to something like the BitPhoenix or a Fractal Design Node 304 that would be best as I have some limited room now for a full tower. I won't need a lot of drives space since I have a separate NAS.

So looking for advice on Mobo, CPU, and an NVIDIA card that would work well with Premiere. Mobo would have to be Mini ITX I guess.

Thanks!

Basically I would not upgrade because you already have a good rig. Get a new GPU for rendering or so.

But if you really want a smaller computer, than look at the buyers guide and pick your parts. But if you really need more power you should go for Ivy-Extreme, 4930k. Upgrading to another i7 is pretty much senseless, especially if you don't need the iGPU. Your computer is already good enough for video editing. BTW.. why do you think you need a new CPU? Does the system has a slow response? Or rendering takes ages? Ask yourself first and then decide what to get or how to solve the problem. Because with your computer you shouldn't run into any problems except you do edit Full HD movies + 3D content with a length of an hour or more. Now is not a good time to upgrade your CPU in my opinion.

Thanks Jimbo. Taht makes sense.

The issue I'm trying to solve is that rendering of videos takes a very long time. So not sure if that means more GPU or more CPU to improve that.

Thanks Jimbo. Taht makes sense.

The issue I'm trying to solve is that rendering of videos takes a very long time. So not sure if that means more GPU or more CPU to improve that.

That depends on the software you're using and whether or not it is capable of taking advantage of the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back